cannot access roaming profile folders created on the server

Hello everyone,

I cannot access the roaming profile folders created on the server as
Administrator. I looked into setting up access using Group Policy but that's
not working either. The only way that I can get into roaming profile folders
is by taking ownership. Is there another method that I can use to gain
access to those folders?

Thanks in advance,

In news:7D7DF844-EBB3-486C-A0E1-6CABA95B0B9E@microsoft.com,
lemastas <lemastas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I cannot access the roaming profile folders created on the server as
> Administrator. I looked into setting up access using Group Policy
> but that's not working either. The only way that I can get into
> roaming profile folders is by taking ownership. Is there another
> method that I can use to gain access to those folders?
>
> Thanks in advance,

No - you have to take ownership & set the security as you wish. Do this
after hours, if you're going to make mass changes, or you may end up with
angry users.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q268019& for
more info.

Thank you for responding. My next question on this topic is this, will it
cause a problem to existing and new roaming profiles by taking ownership as
Administrator on all folders created by roaming profiles.

In news:4EFB2A3A-CEBE-4304-B605-2468F737BDC9@microsoft.com,
lemastas <lemastas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Thank you for responding. My next question on this topic is this,
> will it cause a problem to existing and new roaming profiles by
> taking ownership as Administrator on all folders created by roaming
> profiles.

Yes - you need to take ownership as the Administrators group, not
Administrator - and then make sure you set the NTFS security properly
(Administrators & System=full control, and then either users, or the
individual user, Full Control) and that the settings are inherited by the
child folders.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:7D7DF844-EBB3-486C-A0E1-6CABA95B0B9E@microsoft.com,
>> lemastas <lemastas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I cannot access the roaming profile folders created on the server as
>>> Administrator. I looked into setting up access using Group Policy
>>> but that's not working either. The only way that I can get into
>>> roaming profile folders is by taking ownership. Is there another
>>> method that I can use to gain access to those folders?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> No - you have to take ownership & set the security as you wish. Do
>> this after hours, if you're going to make mass changes, or you may
>> end up with angry users.
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q268019&
>> for more info.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

In news:1772700F-C01F-477F-A2CE-B0C1992D1A7E@microsoft.com,
lemastas <lemastas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Thank you very much for the assistance.

You're welcome.
Note - I think you meant to reply to my reply, not to your own message.