Problems with Sound Blaster Live! 1024 and Windows 2000 Pro.

Hello everybody, and thank you since now for your help and support.
Please, forgive my english (I’m italian) not so good, but I hope you
can
understand me the same.

I have a Sound Blaster Live! 1024, and so far everything works fine
with
Windows 98 SE, but lately I have installed Windows 2000 Professional
on my
PC, and now nothing works.
Nothing, neither the softwares, they don’t even start!

Here is what I tried so far:

- First, I tried to install the old version of the programs, the ones
that I
had in the CD-ROM when I bought the sound card. At this point, I
couldn’t
even uninstall the softwares!
- Then, I tried to update the drivers, but it seems that they’re
already
updated when you install Win2000, and the uninstallation didn’t works
yet.
- At last, I have downloaded the new software pack,
LiveDrvUni-Pack.exe, but
nothing even so. But with this, at least, I was able to uninstall
everything
from the PC (even if not perfectly).
- Today, I tried to install only the new pack, LiveDrvUni-Pack.exe,
but
still nothing works. When I start running the program (e.g. AudioHQ),
I can
see the hourglass for few seconds and then everything aborts.

Please, help me! What can I do? I really don’t want to buy a new sound
card,
even because my SB Live! 1024 works perfectly until now.

Thank you very much for the attention and for your suggestions.

Andrea Iovinelli

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Problems-Sound-Blaster-Live-1024-Windows-2000-Pro-ftopict551875.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1748864
1 answer Last reply
More about problems sound blaster live 1024 windows 2000

    If you upgraded win98se to win2k you would be better advised to do a clean
    install of win2k.
    NB you will lose *all* data
    You will need to update all drivers to win2k drivers, including mobo drivers

    "Andreaiovi" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody, and thank you since now for your help and support.
    > Please, forgive my english (I'm italian) not so good, but I hope you
    > can
    > understand me the same.
    >
    > I have a Sound Blaster Live! 1024, and so far everything works fine
    > with
    > Windows 98 SE, but lately I have installed Windows 2000 Professional
    > on my
    > PC, and now nothing works.
    > Nothing, neither the softwares, they don't even start!
    >
    > Here is what I tried so far:
    >
    > - First, I tried to install the old version of the programs, the ones
    > that I
    > had in the CD-ROM when I bought the sound card. At this point, I
    > couldn't
    > even uninstall the softwares!
    > - Then, I tried to update the drivers, but it seems that they're
    > already
    > updated when you install Win2000, and the uninstallation didn't works
    > yet.
    > - At last, I have downloaded the new software pack,
    > LiveDrvUni-Pack.exe, but
    > nothing even so. But with this, at least, I was able to uninstall
    > everything
    > from the PC (even if not perfectly).
    > - Today, I tried to install only the new pack, LiveDrvUni-Pack.exe,
    > but
    > still nothing works. When I start running the program (e.g. AudioHQ),
    > I can
    > see the hourglass for few seconds and then everything aborts.
    >
    > Please, help me! What can I do? I really don't want to buy a new sound
    > card,
    > even because my SB Live! 1024 works perfectly until now.
    >
    > Thank you very much for the attention and for your suggestions.
    >
    > Andrea Iovinelli

    request
    > Topic URL:
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Problems-Sound-Blaster-Live-1024-Windows-2000-Pro-ftopict551875.html