Problems with Sound Blaster Live! 1024 and Windows 2000 Pro.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 2, 2005 3:37:43 AM

Hello everybody, and thank you since now for your help and support.
Please, forgive my english (I’m italian) not so good, but I hope you
can
understand me the same.

I have a Sound Blaster Live! 1024, and so far everything works fine
with
Windows 98 SE, but lately I have installed Windows 2000 Professional
on my
PC, and now nothing works.
Nothing, neither the softwares, they don’t even start!

Here is what I tried so far:

- First, I tried to install the old version of the programs, the ones
that I
had in the CD-ROM when I bought the sound card. At this point, I
couldn’t
even uninstall the softwares!
- Then, I tried to update the drivers, but it seems that they’re
already
updated when you install Win2000, and the uninstallation didn’t works
yet.
- At last, I have downloaded the new software pack,
LiveDrvUni-Pack.exe, but
nothing even so. But with this, at least, I was able to uninstall
everything
from the PC (even if not perfectly).
- Today, I tried to install only the new pack, LiveDrvUni-Pack.exe,
but
still nothing works. When I start running the program (e.g. AudioHQ),
I can
see the hourglass for few seconds and then everything aborts.

Please, help me! What can I do? I really don’t want to buy a new sound
card,
even because my SB Live! 1024 works perfectly until now.

Thank you very much for the attention and for your suggestions.

Andrea Iovinelli

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Problem...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1748864
July 3, 2005 12:39:29 AM

If you upgraded win98se to win2k you would be better advised to do a clean
install of win2k.
NB you will lose *all* data
You will need to update all drivers to win2k drivers, including mobo drivers

!