Event ID 5504

am

I am having this event occur regularly and according to a MS KB article there
is a hotfix for this, but I have to contact support services to obtain it.
Will I have to pay to obtain this hotfix or is it free?

AM

Hotfixes are always free.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"AM" wrote:
|I am having this event occur regularly and according to a MS KB article
there
| is a hotfix for this, but I have to contact support services to obtain it.
| Will I have to pay to obtain this hotfix or is it free?
|
| AM

am

I understand the hotfixes are free, but do I have to go through all the
motions of paying for support like I would a normal pay per incident support
call in order to receive the hotfix and then have the charges reversed?

AM

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Hotfixes are always free.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "AM" wrote:
> |I am having this event occur regularly and according to a MS KB article
> there
> | is a hotfix for this, but I have to contact support services to obtain it.
> | Will I have to pay to obtain this hotfix or is it free?
> |
> | AM

While the exact steps may vary the end result is same they're always free.

--

"AM" wrote:
|I understand the hotfixes are free, but do I have to go through all the
| motions of paying for support like I would a normal pay per incident
support
| call in order to receive the hotfix and then have the charges reversed?
|
| AM

In North America, they will take your credit card
but the engineer will NOT charge it when you tell him/her that you want
the fix from that KB article.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS