Remove icons in systray

Hi,

May I know where can I configure to remove the icons from the systray.
Currently, whenever I boot up my PC, all the applications will be auto run
and have the icons in the systray. How can i remove it permanently from the
systray?

Thanks.

Regards,
Seok Bee
1 answer Last reply
More about remove icons systray

    Natively you can; Start\Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
    Management(Local)\System Information\Software Environment\Startup
    Programs|View|Advanced, then in the "Location" column, you'll find the path
    to the "Startup" location either in the "Startup" directories or from the
    registry's "Run" keys. (note that this windows is read-only so you must
    manually navigate to the location below to edit or otherwise delete)

    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    You can delete the shortcuts that you no longer want to run.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    You can delete the string value for the program you no longer want to run.

    or copy msconfig from Windows XP to the "windows" directory
    or AutoRuns from sysinternals
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Rachael Lim" wrote:
    | Hi,
    |
    | May I know where can I configure to remove the icons from the systray.
    | Currently, whenever I boot up my PC, all the applications will be auto run
    | and have the icons in the systray. How can i remove it permanently from
    the
    | systray?
    |
    | Thanks.
    |
    | Regards,