sweex ip camera help please

Hi

I've purchased a sweex ip camera, and need some help.

I have it up and working, but I can't keep it in continuous mode, as soon as
I close down IE and then reopen it again it has gone back to periodic mode
which is a frame every 60 msec. also after a reboot it looses its date and
time and goes back to default.

I'm using the latest firmware available from the sweex web site.

Any tips or information would be most grateful as I can't find much on the
web for this camera.

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about sweex camera please

    Works right now... at about one frame per second .
    Which may be good enough for visitors . Is for me.
    What is your Internet connection upload speed..
    that may be the limiting factor.

    "bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
    > Works right now... at about one frame per second .
    > Which may be good enough for visitors . Is for me.
    > What is your Internet connection upload speed..
    > that may be the limiting factor.
    >
    > "brit-dub" <no@emailthanks.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>

    >> I've purchased a sweex ip camera, and need some help.
    >>

    >> I have it up and working, but I can't keep it in continuous mode, as soon
    >> as I close down IE and then reopen it again it has gone back to periodic
    >> mode which is a frame every 60 msec. also after a reboot it looses its
    >> date and time and goes back to default.
    >>

    >> I'm using the latest firmware available from the sweex web site.
    >>

    >> Any tips or information would be most grateful as I can't find much on
    >> the web for this camera.
    >>

    >> TIA

    thanks for trying it, I can see you in the log.

    it only works at that speed (continuous) when one of the pc's on the network
    is logged on to it. as soon as the pc logs of it defaults back to periodic.

    are you familiar with the sweex ip camera ?

    also after I reboot the camera it goes to periodic and its date and time go
    back to default.

    Regards

    brit-dub

    I'm not familiar with sweex ip cams but have seen what appears to be
    identical cam on many ip cams listed on ebay/us under various names.
    Can't access admin to see what configs are ;( but can speculate ...if
    you have not already done so, you might try setting the cam to a 'fixed ip'
    and also set the first cam dns to your routers lan ip# and second cam dns to
    routers second or third default www dns ip. Make sure the cam gateway mask
    matches the routers lan mask.

    Most routers are pretty good on handling time requests - above should put
    time in good shape , If the cam has ip setting for time server you might
    try using the router lan ip ....... not all time servers are reliable..
    it's sounding like it is asking for time from an iffy time server at each
    cam reboot. Might have to change your routers time server ip. I dunno,
    I'm just rambling.

    > it only works at that speed (continuous) when one of the pc's on the
    > network is logged on to it. as soon as the pc logs of it defaults back to
    > periodic.
    >
    > are you familiar with the sweex ip camera ?
    >
    > also after I reboot the camera it goes to periodic and its date and time

Webcams Internet Explorer IP Camera Peripherals