sweex ip camera help please

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 15, 2005 3:17:15 PM

Hi

I've purchased a sweex ip camera, and need some help.

I have it up and working, but I can't keep it in continuous mode, as soon as
I close down IE and then reopen it again it has gone back to periodic mode
which is a frame every 60 msec. also after a reboot it looses its date and
time and goes back to default.

I'm using the latest firmware available from the sweex web site.

Any tips or information would be most grateful as I can't find much on the
web for this camera.

TIA

More about : sweex camera

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 6:05:02 PM

Works right now... at about one frame per second .
Which may be good enough for visitors . Is for me.
What is your Internet connection upload speed..
that may be the limiting factor.

"brit-dub" <no@emailthanks.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>

> I've purchased a sweex ip camera, and need some help.
>

> I have it up and working, but I can't keep it in continuous mode, as soon
> as I close down IE and then reopen it again it has gone back to periodic
> mode which is a frame every 60 msec. also after a reboot it looses its
> date and time and goes back to default.
>

> I'm using the latest firmware available from the sweex web site.
>

> Any tips or information would be most grateful as I can't find much on the
> web for this camera.
>

> TIA

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 7:27:50 PM

"bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
> Works right now... at about one frame per second .
> Which may be good enough for visitors . Is for me.
> What is your Internet connection upload speed..
> that may be the limiting factor.
>
> "brit-dub" <no@emailthanks.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>

>> I've purchased a sweex ip camera, and need some help.
>>

>> I have it up and working, but I can't keep it in continuous mode, as soon
>> as I close down IE and then reopen it again it has gone back to periodic
>> mode which is a frame every 60 msec. also after a reboot it looses its
>> date and time and goes back to default.
>>

>> I'm using the latest firmware available from the sweex web site.
>>

>> Any tips or information would be most grateful as I can't find much on
>> the web for this camera.
>>

>> TIA

thanks for trying it, I can see you in the log.

it only works at that speed (continuous) when one of the pc's on the network
is logged on to it. as soon as the pc logs of it defaults back to periodic.

are you familiar with the sweex ip camera ?

also after I reboot the camera it goes to periodic and its date and time go
back to default.

Regards

brit-dub
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 4:27:28 AM

I'm not familiar with sweex ip cams but have seen what appears to be
identical cam on many ip cams listed on ebay/us under various names.
Can't access admin to see what configs are ;( but can speculate ...if
you have not already done so, you might try setting the cam to a 'fixed ip'
and also set the first cam dns to your routers lan ip# and second cam dns to
routers second or third default www dns ip. Make sure the cam gateway mask
matches the routers lan mask.

Most routers are pretty good on handling time requests - above should put
time in good shape , If the cam has ip setting for time server you might
try using the router lan ip ....... not all time servers are reliable..
it's sounding like it is asking for time from an iffy time server at each
cam reboot. Might have to change your routers time server ip. I dunno,
I'm just rambling.