Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

windows XP cannot switch user

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:30:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

My windows XP cannot switch between users. The only way it can do is log
off. Do you have any idea to solve it?

More about : windows switch user

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:52:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

That's how it works.. log off one user and log onto another user..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm





"Ke Lu" <ke_lu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o Z5eKMvAFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> My windows XP cannot switch between users. The only way it can do is log
> off. Do you have any idea to solve it?
>
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:47:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

That's two concepts:

switch user: two account can be active at same time.
log off: only one account is active at a time.


"Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:%23ipuE6vAFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> That's how it works.. log off one user and log onto another user..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
>
>
>
>
> "Ke Lu" <ke_lu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o Z5eKMvAFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> My windows XP cannot switch between users. The only way it can do is log
>> off. Do you have any idea to solve it?
>>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:47:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Ke Lu wrote:
> That's two concepts:
>
> switch user: two account can be active at same time.
> log off: only one account is active at a time.
>
>
> "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> news:%23ipuE6vAFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
>>That's how it works.. log off one user and log onto another user..
>>
>>--
>>Mike Hall
>>MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>>http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>"Ke Lu" <ke_lu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:o Z5eKMvAFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>My windows XP cannot switch between users. The only way it can do is log
>>>off. Do you have any idea to solve it?
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Fast user switching has to be turned on. I'm not at my XP machine
right now but so I can't tell you the exact keystrokes
if you search on fast user switching in Help and
support it should tell you what you want to know.

gls858

gls858
July 12, 2009 7:07:35 PM

I know how to,
You go to Control panel
then to user accounts
change the way user log on and off
A. use fast switching
B. If you get a message about offline files, click okay. from there you'll be able to put them off. after that go back to the change the way user log on and off tab and click on fast logon

grtz
Tim
!