Start button and documents

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Recently I was in playing with programs that fire at startup. One of the
things I inadvertanyly removed (apparently)was the program that allows
recently used files to appear on the start button + documents. For instance
if I am working on a Word file and close it, I can reopen it by going to
state then doxuments and clicking the file name.

Now If I turn off the machine, anything that could be found under documents
prior to shutdown is gone. How can I recover the ability for Win 2000 to
remember the file names. Thanx/Tom

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93170.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/92853.asp

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Tom" wrote:
| Recently I was in playing with programs that fire at startup. One of the
| things I inadvertanyly removed (apparently)was the program that allows
| recently used files to appear on the start button + documents. For
instance
| if I am working on a Word file and close it, I can reopen it by going to
| state then doxuments and clicking the file name.
|
| Now If I turn off the machine, anything that could be found under
documents
| prior to shutdown is gone. How can I recover the ability for Win 2000 to
| remember the file names. Thanx/Tom

You're welcome.