Cannot connect using telnet via port 8192

This just happened a week ago.

I cannot get a connection from our DC to the Database Server via telnet to
remotely manage antivirus on the server, but............

I can get a connectfrom our Database server to the DC via telnet so the
antivirus is still updating.

Problem is that the server cannot be remotely managed there for policies do
not run on this server.

Please help me.
Thanks
Lisa
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot connect telnet port 8192
  1. Quote:

    This just happened a week ago.

    I cannot get a connection from our DC to the Database Server via telnet to
    remotely manage antivirus on the server, but............

    I can get a connectfrom our Database server to the DC via telnet so the
    antivirus is still updating.

    Problem is that the server cannot be remotely managed there for policies do
    not run on this server.

    Please help me.
    Thanks
    Lisa

    Hey there...sorry to dig up a ridiculously old thread but I am having this problem too.

    I can connect from the client to the server on port 8192, but not from the server to the client. The server is a Windows 2008 Server and the client is Windows 2003 Server. Neither have a firewall enabled, and we don't block any ports internally here.

    Hopefully someone can point me along the right lines.

Connection Servers Telnet Antivirus Database Windows