Weird Problem !

My problem is with the e-mail attachments that I receive from other
people. (or some people)

> I'm running Windows XP and receive my mail in Hotmail, but read it in
> Outlook Express.
>
> In OE, when I try to read an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment is
> labeled "message5.txt". When I open the attachment I get a Notepad Window
which is blank, with a blinking cursor! You can actually type in the
Notepad window,
> but I do not get or see the attachment that was sent to me.
>

> Is this my problem or the senders problem and can anyone tell me how to
> correct this problem. Thank you.
>

> Tony

2 answers Last reply
More about weird problem

    Ask one of your senders to send it again in HTML format.
    Go to OE>tools>Options>Send tab and change settings to HTML format.

    "Tony L" wrote:

    > My problem is with the e-mail attachments that I receive from other
    > people. (or some people)
    >
    > > I'm running Windows XP and receive my mail in Hotmail, but read it in
    > > Outlook Express.
    > >
    > > In OE, when I try to read an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment is
    > > labeled "message5.txt". When I open the attachment I get a Notepad Window
    > which is blank, with a blinking cursor! You can actually type in the
    > Notepad window,
    > > but I do not get or see the attachment that was sent to me.
    > >

    > > Is this my problem or the senders problem and can anyone tell me how to
    > > correct this problem. Thank you.
    > >

    > > Tony

    If your using OE and cannot receive Attachments, try this; in OE click
    tools, options, security, uncheck the box beside " Do not allow attachments
    to be saved or opened that could potetially be a virus.

    "Tony L" wrote:

    > My problem is with the e-mail attachments that I receive from other
    > people. (or some people)
    >
    > > I'm running Windows XP and receive my mail in Hotmail, but read it in
    > > Outlook Express.
    > >
    > > In OE, when I try to read an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment is
    > > labeled "message5.txt". When I open the attachment I get a Notepad Window
    > which is blank, with a blinking cursor! You can actually type in the
    > Notepad window,
    > > but I do not get or see the attachment that was sent to me.
    > >

    > > Is this my problem or the senders problem and can anyone tell me how to
    > > correct this problem. Thank you.
    > >

    > > Tony

Windows XP