Weird Problem !

My problem is with the e-mail attachments that I receive from other
people. (or some people)

> I'm running Windows XP and receive my mail in Hotmail, but read it in
> Outlook Express.
>
> In OE, when I try to read an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment is
> labeled "message5.txt". When I open the attachment I get a Notepad Window
which is blank, with a blinking cursor! You can actually type in the
Notepad window,
> but I do not get or see the attachment that was sent to me.
>

> Is this my problem or the senders problem and can anyone tell me how to
> correct this problem. Thank you.
>

> Tony

Byte

Ask one of your senders to send it again in HTML format.
Go to OE>tools>Options>Send tab and change settings to HTML format.

"Tony L" wrote:

> My problem is with the e-mail attachments that I receive from other
> people. (or some people)
>
> > I'm running Windows XP and receive my mail in Hotmail, but read it in
> > Outlook Express.
> >
> > In OE, when I try to read an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment is
> > labeled "message5.txt". When I open the attachment I get a Notepad Window
> which is blank, with a blinking cursor! You can actually type in the
> Notepad window,
> > but I do not get or see the attachment that was sent to me.
> >

> > Is this my problem or the senders problem and can anyone tell me how to
> > correct this problem. Thank you.
> >

> > Tony

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

If your using OE and cannot receive Attachments, try this; in OE click
tools, options, security, uncheck the box beside " Do not allow attachments
to be saved or opened that could potetially be a virus.