Sign in with
Your question

connecting pc to tv ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2007 5:31:19 PM

I have an ati x1950pro gfx card with 2 DVI out and a HDMI and I wanted to try connect it to my tv. Btw I have no idea how to do this and would appreciate help!

I have a normal TV not HD so would I be able to use the HDMI to connect it directly??

More about : connecting

January 4, 2007 4:00:40 PM

That fact it's HDCP means you can't use it to do analog output. Buy a new HDTV instead
January 10, 2007 5:52:00 PM

Oh yeah your right :oops:  Ill try that (cant now) as soon as I can
Related resources
a b x TV
January 11, 2007 2:32:28 AM

GPUs typically have S-Video out as well.
January 11, 2007 5:57:41 AM

No i dont think so. It has 2 DVI outs and one HDCP
January 14, 2007 3:07:38 PM

I'm with jaguarskx, most cards have S-video, or a dongle that connects to a port on the card that allows a variety of connections. Which card do you have? You need an HDMI port on the TV to connect HDMI directly from the video card. Or you could find an adapter that would convert one of your ports to s-video or composite. Try one of these:

http://www.svideo.com/

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/composite-to-hdmi-converter.h...
January 14, 2007 3:31:16 PM

Quote:
I have an ati x1950pro gfx card with 2 DVI out and a HDMI and I wanted to try connect it to my tv. Btw I have no idea how to do this and would appreciate help!

I have a normal TV not HD so would I be able to use the HDMI to connect it directly??

probably not.
January 14, 2007 4:49:42 PM

Quote:

I have to question whether you even know what an HDMI plug socket even looks like, I've researched both the 256mb version and the 512mb version of the ATI X1950PRO models, and both come with 2 DVI and 1 S-Video type connector which ATI uses as VIVO [Video In Video Out], and it will connect to a standard or analog TV with the various additional S-Video connector cables that ATI has additionally provided in the retail packaging.

However!
If you are right and your specific video card does come with an HDMI connector, on your ATI X1950PRO video card, please link me to the website that contains the information about your card, that ATI themselves don't seem to have a clue about, or the link to where you bought it. :wink:
January 14, 2007 7:41:32 PM

Quote:

I have to question whether you even know what an HDMI plug socket even looks like, I've researched both the 256mb version and the 512mb version of the ATI X1950PRO models, and both come with 2 DVI and 1 S-Video type connector which ATI uses as VIVO [Video In Video Out], and it will connect to a standard or analog TV with the various additional S-Video connector cables that ATI has additionally provided in the retail packaging.

However!
If you are right and your specific video card does come with an HDMI connector, on your ATI X1950PRO video card, please link me to the website that contains the information about your card, that ATI themselves don't seem to have a clue about, or the link to where you bought it. :wink:

lol, oops :oops:  :roll: sorry for that everyone that was kind of a dumb post I know

come on surely a guys aloud to make a mistake ppl :!:
January 15, 2007 12:50:47 AM

Lol, we allow no mistakes on the Forumz.
!