Remote desktop web connection TSWEB

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 5, 2005 6:24:43 PM

Note: also posted in ras_routing group as not quite sure where this
should go..dont state the obvious!!

Hello NG

I have been trying to get rdp connections from the web connection util
TSWEB to work (see www.tc.cornell.edu/tsweb)

I have port 3389 open on my router, it is forwarded to the machine on
the lan listening on port 3389

I can telnet to port 3389 from OUTSIDE the LAN and I can rdp to the
machine running the rdp service from WITHIN the LAN but i cant rdp
using the TSWEB client from OUTSIDE the lan

now whats going on there???, the port is clearly open as i can telnet
to is but when using the remote desktop web connection TSWEB it fails
saying that either remote axx is dsiabled which is rubbish as i can
connect within the lan and telnet from outside to the correct listening
port or there is a network problem

how can this be possible,? there is an open port with a service
listening on it that can be accessed via telnet but not with the actual
app the should communicate on that port??

can someone help and see if you can make an RDP connection using either
the remote desktop client in WinXP or a web based version TSWEB (see
abve URL)

try and connect to sime.no-ip.org, you will obviously be prompted for a
username and password but at least if that dialogue comes up i know it
works from other locations

THIS IS 100% NOT A DNS issue as for a start the no-ip.org address
correctly resolves to my IP and second I get the same issue whether
using IP or DNS name

Please lend a confused enthusiast a hand!

Best regards,thx in advance

Simon

--
pscyimePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous

pscyime fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> Note: also posted in ras_routing group as not quite sure where this
> should go..dont state the obvious!!
>
> Hello NG
>
> I have been trying to get rdp connections from the web connection util
> TSWEB to work (see www.tc.cornell.edu/tsweb)
>
> I have port 3389 open on my router, it is forwarded to the machine on
> the lan listening on port 3389
>
> I can telnet to port 3389 from OUTSIDE the LAN and I can rdp to the
> machine running the rdp service from WITHIN the LAN but i cant rdp
> using the TSWEB client from OUTSIDE the lan
>
> now whats going on there???, the port is clearly open as i can telnet
> to is but when using the remote desktop web connection TSWEB it fails
> saying that either remote axx is dsiabled which is rubbish as i can
> connect within the lan and telnet from outside to the correct
> listening port or there is a network problem
>
> how can this be possible,? there is an open port with a service
> listening on it that can be accessed via telnet but not with the
> actual app the should communicate on that port??
>
> can someone help and see if you can make an RDP connection using
> either the remote desktop client in WinXP or a web based version
> TSWEB (see abve URL)
>
> try and connect to sime.no-ip.org, you will obviously be prompted for
> a username and password but at least if that dialogue comes up i know
> it works from other locations
>
> THIS IS 100% NOT A DNS issue as for a start the no-ip.org address
> correctly resolves to my IP and second I get the same issue whether
> using IP or DNS name
>
> Please lend a confused enthusiast a hand!
>
> Best regards,thx in advance
>
> Simon

PS I can only access a TS session on my home server by using the local
address's within the LAN.

Externally I can reach my server (like when I'm in work etc) using the
no-ip resolution however.

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/