Network and Dialup Connections icons disappeared

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 5, 2005 11:58:09 AM

Hi there,

All my icons in my Network and Dial-Up Connections Folders have disappeared!
I ahve looked in to this and found out that it is possibly due to a Microsoft
update.

Anyway, the point is the network is still working but I cannot change any ip
settings on my network cards or create new connections.

The COM+ Event System Service has also stopped and I cannot start it no
matter what I try.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Brad
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 5:13:18 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:58:09 -0700, Brad E <BradE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>All my icons in my Network and Dial-Up Connections Folders have disappeared!
>I ahve looked in to this and found out that it is possibly due to a Microsoft
>update.
>
>Anyway, the point is the network is still working but I cannot change any ip
>settings on my network cards or create new connections.
>
>The COM+ Event System Service has also stopped and I cannot start it no
>matter what I try.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Brad

See tip 6523 ยป How do I troubleshoot missing Network and Dial-Up Connections icons in Windows 2000?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:28:31 AM

hi

i had this same issue when playing around with services - if you
disable the "networkconnections"service you will experience nothing in
the network connecitons window

regards

--
pscyimePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access