Network and Dialup Connections icons disappeared

Hi there,

All my icons in my Network and Dial-Up Connections Folders have disappeared!
I ahve looked in to this and found out that it is possibly due to a Microsoft
update.

Anyway, the point is the network is still working but I cannot change any ip
settings on my network cards or create new connections.

The COM+ Event System Service has also stopped and I cannot start it no
matter what I try.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Brad
2 answers Last reply
More about network dialup connections icons disappeared

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:58:09 -0700, Brad E <BradE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >All my icons in my Network and Dial-Up Connections Folders have disappeared!
    >I ahve looked in to this and found out that it is possibly due to a Microsoft
    >update.
    >
    >Anyway, the point is the network is still working but I cannot change any ip
    >settings on my network cards or create new connections.
    >
    >The COM+ Event System Service has also stopped and I cannot start it no
    >matter what I try.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks in advance!
    >Brad

    See tip 6523 » How do I troubleshoot missing Network and Dial-Up Connections icons in Windows 2000?
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    hi

    i had this same issue when playing around with services - if you
    disable the "networkconnections"service you will experience nothing in
    the network connecitons window

    regards

    --
    pscyimePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Icons Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows