Talked to Antec about the Nine Hundred

HoundDog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
I just got of the phone with Antech about this case. This may not be new info for some, but for others, it may make your decision a littler easier. The scoop is that there are DVI connection issues with some mother boards. In general, the guy I spoke to said most were intel boards. I specifically asked him about the Gigabyte DS3 and Asus P5B Deluxe and he said they were not on the affected list. He stated that if I were to get a board and had problems, I could just call them and they would ship me out a new chasis and I could swap it out. Granted it is not ideal, but at the end of the day, if the problem is resolved that is good enough for me. This made me rest a little easier because so far all I have is the case. I am waiting for things to come back itno stock at NewEgg before I get the rest.

As for the two revisions of the case, he stated that if I did not buy the case from Antec, then I got the problematic case. Take that for what it's worth.

Javno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Awesome info :)

Did he mention if the P5W DH would be alright? (I can't decide whether to get the P5B or that...)

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Look at your mounting holes for your motherboard in retrospect to the primary pci slot for your card. When I was looking at one of these cases I was worried about the DVI pluggins and all I did was go and look at a picture of a review that had installation pictures with the motherboard in and look at how far away their pci slot was from the mounting hole close to it. Since all the mounting holes are at a standard location on the motherboard, you should be able to tell if your card is going to be installed in the first or second expansion slot of your case. In most new motherboards now, I think they are mostly going to sit in the second slot of the case. Mind you I didn't go with this case, hope this helps. :wink:

HoundDog

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
I did not ask him about that board. In general, if the video card is in slot #6, you should be fine. I think the problem is on boards where the pci-express slot is in position #7. You may be able to check the manual for the MB.

Latest posts