Task Scheduler Problem

Our task scheduler on a Windows 2000 Server runs about two dozen tasks that
are shortcuts created by a particular program. If I double click on the
shortcut, the process runs and a little application windows pops up while it
is running. If I run it through the task scheduler, it shows "running" but
the app window doesn't show up and the resulting data isn't created.

Does anyone have any ideas?

-Randy
1 answer Last reply
More about task scheduler problem

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:43:39 -0500, "Microsoft" <RPDalton@bibb.com> wrote:

    >Our task scheduler on a Windows 2000 Server runs about two dozen tasks that
    >are shortcuts created by a particular program. If I double click on the
    >shortcut, the process runs and a little application windows pops up while it
    >is running. If I run it through the task scheduler, it shows "running" but
    >the app window doesn't show up and the resulting data isn't created.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    >-Randy

    See tips
    4662 » How do I run a Scheduled Task in the background?
    and
    4579 » How can I run Scheduled Tasks in the background when they use the account of the logged on user?
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    If the task is not scheduled to run in the context of the logged on user, or if you specifically made it background,
    the windows won't display.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows