Samsung 941BW 19" DVI blurry

7JAY7

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
I've got a Samsung 941BW 19" LCD that when I conect it to the DVI port on my Nvidia 8800 GTX the image is blurry, it looks terrible, but when I switch it to analog and connect it to the vga port it looks perfect.
Has anyone seen this before? This is my first LCD, so I'am kind of new on the LCD side of things.

webbuilders

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Just to get this out of the way, is your resolution set to the default res. of your monitor? LCD's have a fixed amount of pixels and scaling to non-default resolutions can cause blurriness.

backsliddenluddite

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
I am possibly dealing with a very similar problem myself.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 931BW LCD with a GeForce 8800 GTS video card. Not quite the same but similar. With my system everything looks great: games, movies, images, everything but the text displayed in Windows XP (including text within applications run on the OS).

When I look up close the text is clear in some area and fuzzy in others. It looks like some, but not all, of the vertical line segments are spread over more pixels that they should be and appear grey instead of black, resulting in an eye straining out of focus image.

Another observation I have made is when I drag a window in the horizontal direction only, the blury text does a little “dance”. However, when I drag the same window in the vertical direction only, the still blurry text does not “dance”. I used the edge of the desktop as a vertical or horizontal guide.

The problem does not manifest when I use a VGA cable, but is present when I use a DVI cable.

I have tried every thing I can think of with out success: Fresh drivers (for both monitor and video card), resolution changes, Windows font smoothing, different DVI cables...

I could go back to the VGA cable, but that seems to be such a shameful waste.

Does this describe what you are experiencing?
Sorry I have nothing to offer in the way of a solution, just need to get the word out.

Here are my system specs:

Core 2 Duo E6400
ASUS P5B motherboard
Window XP home edition
BFG GeForce 8800 GTS
Samsung Syncmaster 931BW
DVI-D (dual link) cable

quazyguy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
I am having the same problem stated by back. I have even seen this monitor at Best Buy and it looked fine, but all the text (either on the desktop or in a browser) are all blurry. It is on the native resolution with all the drivers updated.

Anybody know what the problem could be?

mjb222

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
I found the solution...its with the graphics card settings. here is a link to another forum that shows step by step solution using nvidia control panel. I had the same prob and it seems to work. I saw your forum first and continued my search and found this one, i figure you guys could use the info too.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=27107

sidkid88

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
I had this problem and I just fixed it. I have a Leadtek nvidia 8800 gts and the 941bw. I was using the drivers from Nvidia's website but then i got the ones from leadtek's website and it fixed itself right there. Try getting the drivers from the company that made your graphics card instead of nvidia.