Account lockout after successful login?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 6, 2005 11:12:06 AM

Hi, don't understand this,

I have a user who's account keeps locking out. Group policy is for 3
attempts then lockout. I'm auditing logon failure events and I keep seeing
them for this user from our Citrix server. If I log onto the Citrix server
as this user, it logs on successfully, but locks out the account and logs a
load of 'pre-authentication failure' messages??? That's logging onto windows
btw, no citrix involvement that i can see. We are using roaming profiles,
but I've already deleted the roaming profile, deleted the local profile and
recreated it all from scratch - still the same. I just can't get my headf
around what process is hammering the DC with invalid logon
information/kerberos tickets and locking out the account during A SUCCESSFUL
LOGIN??? Please help I'm at my wit's end!
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 1:59:07 PM

hi,
This might be a problem with some patches missing / virus issue.
--
Raghavendra.S

!