second hard drive: problems installing

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Alrighty, I just got an 80gig second hardrive. I installed it, the computer recognizes it as a slave drive. Its drivers are installed, and it shows up in the hardware manager. but I cant figure out how to acces it. its not in mycomputer with my other hard drive and dvd drives. Anyone know whats up?

Big up, fanks.

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Alrighty, I just got an 80gig second hardrive. I installed it, the computer recognizes it as a slave drive. Its drivers are installed, and it shows up in the hardware manager. but I cant figure out how to acces it. its not in mycomputer with my other hard drive and dvd drives. Anyone know whats up?

Big up, fanks.

Check Disk Management, the disk may need to be formated in order for use.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
ok found it yay! but i'm at the store now so I have to wait till I get home. do you think there is a way to move world of warcraft onto the new hard drive without having to reinstall it. I cant find my copy.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
well the expansion is like 4 gigs or somthing i dont even have 500megs left on my old one. but no big deal i can just move other stuff or delete it

NewbieTechGodII

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
You should not have any problem copying the folder with the game and its data to the new HDD, but you might need to go into the registry and lookup all of the entries for that game and make sure they point to the new drive.

BTW, if you cannot find your original disk, perhaps you can order a media replacement from them.