CPU Water Cooling -Help!

Xpyrofuryx

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Ok, so i bought a water cooling system and i hooked it all up according to instructions, but theres one part i am confused at. It says pour in the coolant that comes in teh package and then fill in distilled water until the meter reaches full. Now, when i bought this i also bought about a liter of this Koolance coolant liquid. Should I use that instead of the distilled water?

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Fill it with whatever coolant you have and top it off with distilled water (if you run out of coolant). I don't think a liter will fill the entire the system, but I can be wrong.

You can run a 50/50 mix or 75/25 mix. I run a 80/20 mix, myself.

Xpyrofuryx

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
from the looks of it, it seems like the liter of coolant i have will be enough to fill this system up completely. I dont have any distilled water around, so does it matter if it is filled completely with coolant liquid? or should i hold off until i can pick up some distilled water?

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
shouldn't really be an issue.

I ran my water cooling setup with all coolant before, and some that I know still do. I use distilled water in a mix now, to help keep my coolant last a little longer.