Installing Korean Font .. only half works! help!

I'm running Win XP .. trying to install Korean fonts into the computer. I
have installed the East Asian Languages in the Region and Languages setup. I
can now switch to type Korean font and the webpages will automatically encode
as well .. BUT...

the icons on desktop are not translated. . its just garbled.. the titlebar
on all webpages are garbled .. and system messages that come up from korean
websites are not translated either ..

what am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about installing korean font half works help

    They will not be translated/converted characters unless you install the
    Korean version of XP. The IME you installed cannot read the English
    characters and will print garbled symbols. You will be able to go to Asian
    websites and read their characters but yours on the desktop and other
    applications will not be switched. The Korean version of XP sells @ $150

    "EyeNerd" wrote:

    > I'm running Win XP .. trying to install Korean fonts into the computer. I
    > have installed the East Asian Languages in the Region and Languages setup. I
    > can now switch to type Korean font and the webpages will automatically encode
    > as well .. BUT...
    >
    > the icons on desktop are not translated. . its just garbled.. the titlebar
    > on all webpages are garbled .. and system messages that come up from korean
    > websites are not translated either ..
    >
    > what am I missing?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
    > Mike

    Well, I know I can get the icons and the title bars of the webpages to
    translate in english XP .. because I've done it before on my old hard drive
    ... and on this current one at least the webpage titles translate (not the
    icons) .. I just can't get it to do that on the laptop.. and I have no idea
    what the difference in settings/installation is! :(

    "Byte" wrote:

    > They will not be translated/converted characters unless you install the
    > Korean version of XP. The IME you installed cannot read the English
    > characters and will print garbled symbols. You will be able to go to Asian
    > websites and read their characters but yours on the desktop and other
    > applications will not be switched. The Korean version of XP sells @ $150
    >
    > "EyeNerd" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm running Win XP .. trying to install Korean fonts into the computer. I
    > > have installed the East Asian Languages in the Region and Languages setup. I
    > > can now switch to type Korean font and the webpages will automatically encode
    > > as well .. BUT...
    > >
    > > the icons on desktop are not translated. . its just garbled.. the titlebar
    > > on all webpages are garbled .. and system messages that come up from korean
    > > websites are not translated either ..
    > >
    > > what am I missing?
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
    > > Mike

Font Windows XP