w2k server won't boot

Hi, my w2k server won't boot. I get the following messages upon booting:
1. Host Adapter Configuration Error
2. SCSI BIOS not installed (this message is related to the message above)
3. No boot device available

I tried Windows Repair with Emergency Repair Disk, ran Fixboot and Fixmbr
from the Window Recovery Console and even installed a second parallel Windows
2000 operating system (OS) on the C drive. Nothing works!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
Check your Cmos settings, boot priority.
Check out if your hard drives are detected in the bios.
Update your bios to the latest.
In CMOS setup, enable IRQ for the PCI slot. Alternatively, you can mark one
of the IRQs as free. Be aware that there may be an IRQ conflict with a
built-in controller on the motherboard. For CMOS settings, refer to your PC
user's manual.

Lukesh

"s" wrote:

> Hi, my w2k server won't boot. I get the following messages upon booting:
> 1. Host Adapter Configuration Error
> 2. SCSI BIOS not installed (this message is related to the message above)
> 3. No boot device available
>
> I tried Windows Repair with Emergency Repair Disk, ran Fixboot and Fixmbr
> from the Window Recovery Console and even installed a second parallel Windows
> 2000 operating system (OS) on the C drive. Nothing works!
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS