Issues with my evga8800 gts and 8800gtx

sresener

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I connect my 8800's to my 42" 1080p lcd tv with a dvi to hdmi cable. well the text or anyting isnt clear at all almost looks like really really bad interpolation. I have discovered that in the advanced timings setting the cards are only displaying half the vertital lines and if i manually try to set them I get a unusable signal.
I contacted evga and was told this is a known issue and expect it fixed in future drivers.
everything works fine when connected through the vga input.
Anyone else experience this and possibly find a way to fix it, I dont really have much faith in hearing "it will be fixed in the future"
thanx

mpjesse

Splendid
I would RMA the card. I haven't heard/read/seen this problem. Have you tried the other DVI port?

There's no reason the card shouldn't output to 1080i at least. I've hooked up my 8800 GTX to my 1080i Sony 42 inch projection (using DVI to HDMI cable) and it works fine.

You may also want to try reducing the refresh rate? (if you can)

sresener

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
no it did the same thing with two different cards, not in sli, and my lcd tv is 1080p native I have tried changing refresh rates also. I have used the tv with a x1900xt a x1300 and a 7600gs and it works fine with this cards. like I said the tech at evga said there is a known issue with these cards running 1080p I dont know it its with all monitors but like i said its kinda annoying