WTS 2000 SP4 - Perfromance degradation

Your help / advice needed.
We use WTS2000 to support a business application (Navision) over a WAN.
We have 3 servers in UK (single processor, 2Gb RAM).
We have 3 user locations in Europe.
Printing is mapped / redirected from UK systems(s) to print servers in user
locations in Europe.
Users experience poor response times and general degradation of performance
until it is not possible to log-on or the session is terminated. This
persists until the server is re-booted.
All printers are addressed with Microsoft drivers.
How can we identify and resolve root problem(s).
Your help is greatlt appreciated.

Are you saying pior to SP4 you didn't have these issues?

--
George Hester
_______________________________
> Your help / advice needed.
> We use WTS2000 to support a business application (Navision) over a WAN.
> We have 3 servers in UK (single processor, 2Gb RAM).
> We have 3 user locations in Europe.
> Printing is mapped / redirected from UK systems(s) to print servers in
user
> locations in Europe.
> Users experience poor response times and general degradation of
performance
> until it is not possible to log-on or the session is terminated. This
> persists until the server is re-booted.
> All printers are addressed with Microsoft drivers.
> How can we identify and resolve root problem(s).
> Your help is greatlt appreciated.

No.
This is my Current State Aanalysis statement.
You help is appreciated.

"George Hester" wrote:

> Are you saying pior to SP4 you didn't have these issues?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________
> "jonathan.revell" <jonathanrevell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B0B057F3-89C7-4BEB-B36D-1D000E881DBF@microsoft.com...
> > Your help / advice needed.
> > We use WTS2000 to support a business application (Navision) over a WAN.
> > We have 3 servers in UK (single processor, 2Gb RAM).
> > We have 3 user locations in Europe.
> > Printing is mapped / redirected from UK systems(s) to print servers in
> user
> > locations in Europe.
> > Users experience poor response times and general degradation of
> performance
> > until it is not possible to log-on or the session is terminated. This
> > persists until the server is re-booted.
> > All printers are addressed with Microsoft drivers.
> > How can we identify and resolve root problem(s).
> > Your help is greatlt appreciated.

I think I should rephrase my question. Did you have these issues prior to
installing SP4?

--
George Hester
_______________________________
> No.
> This is my Current State Aanalysis statement.
> You help is appreciated.
>

> "George Hester" wrote:
>
> > Are you saying pior to SP4 you didn't have these issues?
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
> > _______________________________
> > "jonathan.revell" <jonathanrevell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:B0B057F3-89C7-4BEB-B36D-1D000E881DBF@microsoft.com...
> > > Your help / advice needed.
> > > We use WTS2000 to support a business application (Navision) over a
WAN.
> > > We have 3 servers in UK (single processor, 2Gb RAM).
> > > We have 3 user locations in Europe.
> > > Printing is mapped / redirected from UK systems(s) to print servers in
> > user
> > > locations in Europe.
> > > Users experience poor response times and general degradation of
> > performance
> > > until it is not possible to log-on or the session is terminated. This
> > > persists until the server is re-booted.
> > > All printers are addressed with Microsoft drivers.
> > > How can we identify and resolve root problem(s).
> > > Your help is greatlt appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Yes, we had these problems before SP4.

"George Hester" wrote:

> I think I should rephrase my question. Did you have these issues prior to
> installing SP4?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________
> "jonathan.revell" <jonathanrevell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3046519A-A4B8-4603-8448-BC89F5EFCFC6@microsoft.com...
> > No.
> > This is my Current State Aanalysis statement.
> > You help is appreciated.
> >

> > "George Hester" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you saying pior to SP4 you didn't have these issues?
> > >
> > > --
> > > George Hester
> > > "jonathan.revell" <jonathanrevell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:B0B057F3-89C7-4BEB-B36D-1D000E881DBF@microsoft.com...
> WAN.
> > > user
> > > performance

What I suspect is that when transmissiion among your Network is low than Windows 2000 decides to terminate connections and does nor respond wel to new requests. This is actually a failure in DCOM which later operating systems should be doing away with. For the time being I suggest you maintain a constant communication at all times among the servers. Not the clients but among the servers.

--
George Hester