CPU Usage at 100%

I have a computer that keeps pegging it's CPU Usage. I reinstalled the
operating system without any applications and it still pegs at 100%.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Is it a hardware issue? If so, what might it be?

Thanks,
Jasper

STUBBY

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Jaz wrote:
> I have a computer that keeps pegging it's CPU Usage. I reinstalled the
> operating system without any applications and it still pegs at 100%.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?
> Is it a hardware issue? If so, what might it be?

Use Task Manager. Click on the CPU column. What is using all the time?

System Idle Process

"Stubby" <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Jaz wrote:
> > I have a computer that keeps pegging it's CPU Usage. I reinstalled the
> > operating system without any applications and it still pegs at 100%.
> >
> > Any ideas what might be wrong?
> > Is it a hardware issue? If so, what might it be?
>
> Use Task Manager. Click on the CPU column. What is using all the time?

Ah, that means the CPU has 100% available to run programs.

Jaz wrote:

> System Idle Process
>

> "Stubby" <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Jaz wrote:
>>
>>>I have a computer that keeps pegging it's CPU Usage. I reinstalled the
>>>operating system without any applications and it still pegs at 100%.
>>>
>>>Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>>Is it a hardware issue? If so, what might it be?
>>
>>Use Task Manager. Click on the CPU column. What is using all the time?

STUBBY

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Of course. What's second?

Jaz wrote:
> System Idle Process
>

> "Stubby" <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Jaz wrote:
>>
>>>I have a computer that keeps pegging it's CPU Usage. I reinstalled the
>>>operating system without any applications and it still pegs at 100%.
>>>
>>>Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>>Is it a hardware issue? If so, what might it be?
>>
>>Use Task Manager. Click on the CPU column. What is using all the time?

Everything else is zero. Not sure what's going on.

Jasper
> Of course. What's second?
>
> Jaz wrote:
> > System Idle Process
> >

> > "Stubby" <William.Plummer*NOSPAM*@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message

> >>Use Task Manager. Click on the CPU column. What is using all the
time?

STUBBY

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

What made you say something is using 100% of your CPU in your original post?