Zalman ZM600-HP 600W Review

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Looks like Zalman has really stepped up to the plate on this one.

JG review of ZM600-HP

Interested to know your opinions of it. It seems like a great PSU except for the fact that it can't power a quad core and 8800GTX SLi (but how many of us actually have that :) ). So what do you think of it?

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Looks like Zalman has really stepped up to the plate on this one.

JG review of ZM600-HP

Interested to know your opinions of it. It seems like a great PSU except for the fact that it can't power a quad core and 8800GTX SLi (but how many of us actually have that :) ). So what do you think of it?

If this is the power range you need (like you said not many of us can afford quad and SLI) then I think it seems to be a good choice. I really like the heatpipe design as its been well proven to work well in other applications. I really love the partial modular design. I think modular is great but never understood why the 24pin connector at the very least is not left attached. There are simply a couple cables that are always used to power your PC and have no need for modularity. This I think is a perfect compromise as you'd always use those cables anyway and can just add extra if needed.

If it was in 700w or above I'd consider returning my 700w OCZ Gamextream but I intend to do SLI if not quad as well later in the year.

Its not quite as efficient as some PSs but its right at that magical 80% mark everyone loves so much so close enough eh?

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
I am not intending on buying it I was just showing people what a great PSU it is but so far not many people are paying attention. (probably because PSUs are boring :D ). Oh well doesn't matter to me :p