show desktop icon not working

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 7, 2005 4:49:02 PM

Hello,

The show desktop icon isn't minimizing my open windows. Wondering what the
problem could be?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Wes
July 7, 2005 7:55:54 PM

In news:D 8CE9585-457F-40EC-AE66-B090DD7E2B96@microsoft.com,
Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hello,
>
> The show desktop icon isn't minimizing my open windows. Wondering
> what the problem could be?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Try to create a new one perhaps:

How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar:
http://support.microsoft.com/%3Fkbid%3D190355&e=9797

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
July 8, 2005 7:44:03 PM

Hi Galen,

I was able to grab the icon from the administrator account and replace the
non functioning one. Thanks for help.

All The Best.
--
Wes

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:D 8CE9585-457F-40EC-AE66-B090DD7E2B96@microsoft.com,
> Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Hello,
> >
> > The show desktop icon isn't minimizing my open windows. Wondering
> > what the problem could be?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Try to create a new one perhaps:
>
> How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar:
> http://support.microsoft.com/%3Fkbid%3D190355&e=9797
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Related resources
July 8, 2005 7:55:02 PM

I meant under the Administrator folder under documents and settings (
Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.)
--
Wes

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:D 8CE9585-457F-40EC-AE66-B090DD7E2B96@microsoft.com,
> Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Hello,
> >
> > The show desktop icon isn't minimizing my open windows. Wondering
> > what the problem could be?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Try to create a new one perhaps:
>
> How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar:
> http://support.microsoft.com/%3Fkbid%3D190355&e=9797
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

July 8, 2005 11:48:13 PM

In news:89DE8616-0713-422E-B65F-8E03782FFDA5@microsoft.com,
Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I meant under the Administrator folder under documents and settings (
> Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.)
>
>> In news:D 8CE9585-457F-40EC-AE66-B090DD7E2B96@microsoft.com,
>> Wes <Wes@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The show desktop icon isn't minimizing my open windows. Wondering
>>> what the problem could be?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> Try to create a new one perhaps:
>>
>> How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/%3Fkbid%3D190355&e=9797
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
>> without them."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!