Very strange Date problem (Urgent)

I have a Windows 2000 Server English Version with a MS SQL 7 Desktop Edition
installed on it, and accesed by an aplication called Multimax.

My problem is that everyday at 5 AM the Date of the system is changed to
12/31/1969.

I have enabled the auditing for privilege use but this doesn't show nothing
that tell me something. Can Anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
--
Daniel Zavalza
DBA

In news:6BBFA5AB-E520-4B80-8C58-20E8C19428C7@microsoft.com,
Daniel Zavalza <DanielZavalza@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have a Windows 2000 Server English Version with a MS SQL 7 Desktop
> Edition installed on it, and accesed by an aplication called Multimax.
>
> My problem is that everyday at 5 AM the Date of the system is changed
> to 12/31/1969.
>
> I have enabled the auditing for privilege use but this doesn't show
> nothing that tell me something. Can Anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance

That does sound strange. Are there any scheduled tasks of any sort that run
at 5AM?

I didn't look until now, and yes there is a Scheduled Task that run at that
exact time that executes a net time command against a server that doesn't
exist.

The thing is that this Task run daily and the problem is not on a daily
basis. However I found a Q that mention an error on the function Ctime of
C++. Maybe it's somewaht related don't you think?

--
Daniel Zavalza
DBA

In news:E3B7EFE4-8981-4881-BBDC-16CAA3774662@microsoft.com,
Daniel Zavalza <DanielZavalza@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I didn't look until now, and yes there is a Scheduled Task that run
> at that exact time that executes a net time command against a server
> that doesn't exist.

That doesn't sound good, then - I guess you're removing it?
Unless you're on an NT domain, you don't need that anyway - W2k/WXP clients
should automatically sync time with the PDC emulator, as should W2k/W2k3
member servers.

> The thing is that this Task run daily and the problem is not on a
> daily basis. However I found a Q that mention an error on the
> function Ctime of C++. Maybe it's somewaht related don't you think?

Given that it isn't needed, and it isn't pointing at anything useful, I'd
just disable it & see if you still have problems.