solution for streaming through firewire?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Is there a (3rd party) solution for streaming video from the firewire port
through Messenger 7?
I did try DV driver demo from Eagletron
http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm
The video streaming seems to work fine here, but it doesn't support the DV
sound. I want to be able to stream video INCLUDING the sound.

MS Messenger 7
windows 2000SP4

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
4 answers Last reply
More about solution streaming firewire
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:12:23 +0200, "Linea Recta"
    <mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote:

    >Is there a (3rd party) solution for streaming video from the firewire port
    >through Messenger 7?
    >I did try DV driver demo from Eagletron
    >http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm
    >The video streaming seems to work fine here, but it doesn't support the DV
    >sound. I want to be able to stream video INCLUDING the sound.

    You may need to split out the audio from the DV device and input
    it into a sound card on the computer. The audio input from DV or
    USB devices may not be recognized by video streaming applicatins
    as a sound card/source.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

    "Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> schreef in bericht
    > On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:12:23 +0200, "Linea Recta"
    > <mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a (3rd party) solution for streaming video from the firewire
    port
    > >through Messenger 7?
    > >I did try DV driver demo from Eagletron
    > >http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm
    > >The video streaming seems to work fine here, but it doesn't support the
    DV
    > >sound. I want to be able to stream video INCLUDING the sound.
    >
    > You may need to split out the audio from the DV device and input
    > it into a sound card on the computer. The audio input from DV or
    > USB devices may not be recognized by video streaming applicatins
    > as a sound card/source.

    That's going to be a pain. In Messenger I can only configure the SB mic. or
    the USB webcam mic. So I would have to connect the two sound cables (L,R) to
    the soundcard (mono!) mic in?? Also, I think this connector is too sensitive

    I suppose it's better to wait until someone gets the bright idea of making
    special software for this. Don't know if there are software alternatives
    already...

    --

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

    Linea Recta wrote:
    > "Si Ballenger" <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:12:23 +0200, "Linea Recta"
    >><mccm.vos@abc.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there a (3rd party) solution for streaming video from the firewire
    >
    > port
    >
    >>>through Messenger 7?
    >>>I did try DV driver demo from Eagletron
    >>>http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm
    >>>The video streaming seems to work fine here, but it doesn't support the
    >
    > DV
    >
    >>>sound. I want to be able to stream video INCLUDING the sound.
    >>
    >>You may need to split out the audio from the DV device and input
    >>it into a sound card on the computer. The audio input from DV or
    >>USB devices may not be recognized by video streaming applicatins
    >>as a sound card/source.
    >

    > That's going to be a pain. In Messenger I can only configure the SB mic. or
    > the USB webcam mic. So I would have to connect the two sound cables (L,R) to
    > the soundcard (mono!) mic in?? Also, I think this connector is too sensitive
    >
    > I suppose it's better to wait until someone gets the bright idea of making
    > special software for this. Don't know if there are software alternatives
    > already...

    If you are just using the DV camera for chatting to someone via
    Messenger, then do you really need stereo sound? If notthen just connect
    one to the mic input on the sound card. Messenger assumes mono sound
    anyway as it is only coming from a mic. Once the cable is plugged in,
    then use Messengers sound setup to test it.
  4. Ulead Videostudio will capture both the audio and video LIVE so what is the deal with webcamming aplications such as MSN messenger or other AV chat applications? What does ULEAD do to make both audio and video stream?

    I need to find this out also.

Webcams Streaming Firewire Video Peripherals