Microsoft Internet Explorer

Somehow, Explorer got messed up. When I go into Explorer and try to
get a page to come up, it brings up a window with "content advisor" at
the top and to make any changes I need a "supervisor password".

I key in the password I always use to boot up and it responds that the
password in not valid.

I normally use netscape and it works fine. Explorer is the only one
messed up.
Roger

Under Tools... Internet Options... Content tab is where you enable/disable IE 6's content advisor. The password here is separate
from your login password.

Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
Ergodic Systems, Inc.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:16:05 GMT, J. Roger <RogerNOSPAM@rmartinco.com> wrote:

>Somehow, Explorer got messed up. When I go into Explorer and try to
>get a page to come up, it brings up a window with "content advisor" at
>the top and to make any changes I need a "supervisor password".
>
>I key in the password I always use to boot up and it responds that the
>password in not valid.
>
>I normally use netscape and it works fine. Explorer is the only one
>messed up.
>Roger

See tip 0689 » My children have grown and I forgot the Content Advisor password.
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:48:21 -0400, Jerold Schulman <Jerry@jsiinc.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:16:05 GMT, J. Roger <RogerNOSPAM@rmartinco.com> wrote:
>

>>Somehow, Explorer got messed up. When I go into Explorer and try to
>>get a page to come up, it brings up a window with "content advisor" at
>>the top and to make any changes I need a "supervisor password".
>>
>>I key in the password I always use to boot up and it responds that the
>>password in not valid.
>>
>>I normally use netscape and it works fine. Explorer is the only one
>>messed up.
>>Roger
>

>See tip 0689 » My children have grown and I forgot the Content Advisor password.
> in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

BINGO... we're getting closer :)
At the registry setting you mentioned, it says (value not set).
Beneith it there are 3 items in a subdirectory. Afraid to delete
anything yet.

Do I delete the ....\Policies\ratings item anyway?
Isn't there a way to copy the registry first incase of a problem?
I was able to get into the registry but it really spooks me :)

Roger

right-click the key in the registry and choose export. Or just right-click...rename the key to some other name, which will keep it
there unnoticed while you test the fix.

Steve Duff, MCSE, MVP
Ergodic Systems, Inc.