How can I show a 15 seconds delayed webcam stream?

I am trying to set up a training camera for golf. I would like to use a
webcam pointed at the golfer and have a 10 or 15 second delayed view of
the swing displayed on the computer monitor showing all the time. I
have seen things like this in fairgrounds or science parks and thought
it would be a great training aid. I cannot find anything abut how this
is done on the web. Help please!!
2 answers Last reply
More about show seconds delayed webcam stream

    "Dunsobarky" <Carrickman@aol.com> wrote in message news:1127645198.987386.119830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I am trying to set up a training camera for golf. I would like to use a
    > webcam pointed at the golfer and have a 10 or 15 second delayed view of
    > the swing displayed on the computer monitor showing all the time. I
    > have seen things like this in fairgrounds or science parks and thought
    > it would be a great training aid. I cannot find anything abut how this
    > is done on the web. Help please!!

    Use Windows Media Encoder in combination with Windows
    Media Player -- you'll get a built-in delay of about 20 seconds.
    Experiment a little -- possibly the delay can be varied.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

    Bob
    Thanks for this. I tried it and it works a treat however...I'm an
    idiot. 15 seconds is far too long. I really need just 5 seconds. a golf
    swing takes a very short time and I just cannot get the delay down to
    below 12 seconds using this method. It also has the problem of filling
    up the disk with the video while playing so I couldn't just leave it
    running all day.

    I'm going to try and experiment further but I think I'm on the right
    track. Thanks again.

Webcams Training Peripherals