Restore System State on Domain Controller

I would like to restore the system state from one server to another so I can
change servers. After I restore the system state to the new server the
server will not boot. I cannot even get it to boot in safe mode. Any ideas
are appreciated.

Windows 2000 SP4 on both servers but the hardware is different.

See tip 2799 and 5127 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com