trying for 10 years to get a webcam running

Ole

Hello group. I've been trying for 10 years to get a webcam running with no
luck. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out. Here is my
failure to display a stream: http://flamencopeko.net/cam.html. I'm using Win
XP Pro SP2. I've tried all webcam apps I could find. I have a bunch of
computers, cameras, servers, knowledge, everything one would need to run a
webcam.

Ole Morten Sørensen
ole@flamencopeko.net
http://flamencopeko.net

<ole@stoneinnovation.no> wrote in message news:433696ae@news.broadpark.no...
> Hello group. I've been trying for 10 years to get a webcam running with no
> luck. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out. Here is my
> failure to display a stream: http://flamencopeko.net/cam.html. I'm using Win
> XP Pro SP2. I've tried all webcam apps I could find. I have a bunch of
> computers, cameras, servers, knowledge, everything one would need to run a
> webcam.

Give HomeSentinel a try. You can download it from
http://bobday.vze.com. Try it for 30 days for free.

-- Bob Day

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:20:25 +0200, <ole@stoneinnovation.no>
wrote:

>Hello group. I've been trying for 10 years to get a webcam running with no
>luck. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out. Here is my
>failure to display a stream: http://flamencopeko.net/cam.html. I'm using Win
>XP Pro SP2. I've tried all webcam apps I could find. I have a bunch of
>computers, cameras, servers, knowledge, everything one would need to run a
>webcam.

I'm not familiar with the webcam software you are trying to use,
but the site below has the basic info for setting up a webcam
behind a router. You problem is probably due to firewall or
portfowarding issues. I suggest you start with a simple page and
work from there.

http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm

Ole

>Give HomeSentinel a try. You can download it from
>http://bobday.vze.com. Try it for 30 days for free.

Ok. Thanks.

I cannot download Windows Media Encoder, so this doesn't work for me.

Ole Morten Sørensen
ole@flamencopeko.net
http://flamencopeko.net

<ole@stoneinnovation.no> wrote in message news:4336ba68$1@news.broadpark.no...
> >Give HomeSentinel a try. You can download it from
>>http://bobday.vze.com. Try it for 30 days for free.
>
> Ok. Thanks.
>
> I cannot download Windows Media Encoder, so this doesn't work for me.

You can download it from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5691ba02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&DisplayLang=en

Click on the "Continue" button at the top of the page.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Ole

>I'm not familiar with the webcam software you are trying to use,

I'm not trying to use one particular program. I'm trying anything and
everything.

>but the site below has the basic info for setting up a webcam
>behind a router. You problem is probably due to firewall or
>portfowarding issues.

No. I don't use a firewall.

Thanks anyhow.

Ole Morten Sørensen
ole@flamencopeko.net
http://flamencopeko.net

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:58:52 +0200, <ole@stoneinnovation.no>
wrote:

>>I'm not familiar with the webcam software you are trying to use,
>
>I'm not trying to use one particular program. I'm trying anything and
>everything.
>
>>but the site below has the basic info for setting up a webcam
>>behind a router. You problem is probably due to firewall or
>>portfowarding issues.
>
>No. I don't use a firewall.
>
>Thanks anyhow.

If you don't supply any info about your current setup and what
you have tried that doesn't work, I doubt anybody will be able to
help you.

Ole

>If you don't supply any info about your current setup and what
>you have tried that doesn't work, I doubt anybody will be able to
>help you.

Allright. Here is some more information.

The cameras I use are Logitech. I have one QuickCam Express and one QuickCam
Sphere.
I more extensive list of my hardware is here:
http://flamencopeko.net/hard.html.
I use a switch called CNet CGS-800E. My ISP is NextGenTel. I have a ADSL
line.
Mostly I've tried to transfer jpg pictures via FTP, but I'm open to most
anything.

Ole Morten Sørensen
ole@flamencopeko.net
http://flamencopeko.net

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:49:54 +0200, <ole@stoneinnovation.no>
wrote:

>>If you don't supply any info about your current setup and what
>>you have tried that doesn't work, I doubt anybody will be able to
>>help you.
>
>Allright. Here is some more information.
>
>The cameras I use are Logitech. I have one QuickCam Express and one QuickCam
>Sphere.
>I more extensive list of my hardware is here:
>http://flamencopeko.net/hard.html.
>I use a switch called CNet CGS-800E. My ISP is NextGenTel. I have a ADSL
>line.
>Mostly I've tried to transfer jpg pictures via FTP, but I'm open to most
>anything.

Most ftp issues usually are associated with getting the correct
permissions on the remote server. I don't use ftp as it uses
bandwidth even when nobody is watching, and isn't setup for
faster updating of the image. Most webcam setups now use a
streaming setup where the image is sent directly from a webcam
application to the client brouser. There are a large number of
webcam programs of this type. The below link has setup info on
using the free webcam2000 webcam application in a direct
streaming format. The two bottom links are simple test pages
showing a client pull setup using vb script and a setup using a
java push applet setup. Should be simple for you to try the
webcam2000 setup to see if you can get it to work.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000apptest.htm

Ole

>You can download it from:
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5691ba02-e496-465a-bba9-b2f1182cdf24&DisplayLang=en
>Click on the "Continue" button at the top of the page.

It requiers validation code.

Sorry about the private email. I hit the wrong button.

Ole Morten Sørensen
ole@flamencopeko.net
http://flamencopeko.net