RDP - VNC - win 2000 and NAT

OK, so I know I can't remotely control a 2000 Pro box using rdp. I have VNC
and pc anywhere and I have also used net meeting. But I want to remotely
control the internal pc from outside our network. I have setup NAT through
the firewall to point to the internal ip that I want to connect to. How do I
connect to this pc using say pc anywhere or vnc, since it sits and waits with
the internal address to be connected to and when I am on the outside I have
to use the external address to get through and the software thinks nothing is
waiting on that address. How do others connect to 2000 boxes from outside the
LAN?

You have to set up port forwarding to forward the request to your internal
box. (refer to your firewall manual) For VNC you look at the server
properties and the connections tab to see which ports it is using. These
ports have to be opened to point to your internal box. I have never tried
this with pc anywhere but have used it with VNC.