Failed Windows Attempts with Correct password etc.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 12, 2005 3:31:03 PM

I am using Windows 2000 and everything was fine. Then I got a message about
virtual memory was low, so I did a reboot. Now, I cannot log in with the
passwords that I know are correct. I have tried the admin password, and my
username passwords and neither will work. Also, as soon as I do a ctrl alt
del I get a message telling me the password is incorrect before I even hit
enter. This PC is a member of a domain but mainly has been retired and used
for home use, when I brought it back to work the network admin password will
not allow access and the option to log into the domain or the PC is no longer
there......any suggestions?
July 12, 2005 11:10:46 PM

In news:8DE4F491-C382-44CA-B252-2D5BE843EE17@microsoft.com,
Kbrill <Kbrill@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I am using Windows 2000 and everything was fine. Then I got a message
> about virtual memory was low, so I did a reboot. Now, I cannot log in
> with the passwords that I know are correct. I have tried the admin
> password, and my username passwords and neither will work. Also, as
> soon as I do a ctrl alt del I get a message telling me the password
> is incorrect before I even hit enter. This PC is a member of a domain
> but mainly has been retired and used for home use, when I brought it
> back to work the network admin password will not allow access and the
> option to log into the domain or the PC is no longer there......any
> suggestions?

Try killing the password that's in place then logging in as admin and
resetting the passwords or setting it so that you're not logging into a
domain if that's what you're trying to not do:

Yes, it says it's for NT, it will work with 2k, XP, or 2k3 as well.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!