Failed Windows Attempts with Correct password etc.

I am using Windows 2000 and everything was fine. Then I got a message about
virtual memory was low, so I did a reboot. Now, I cannot log in with the
passwords that I know are correct. I have tried the admin password, and my
username passwords and neither will work. Also, as soon as I do a ctrl alt
del I get a message telling me the password is incorrect before I even hit
enter. This PC is a member of a domain but mainly has been retired and used
for home use, when I brought it back to work the network admin password will
not allow access and the option to log into the domain or the PC is no longer
there......any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about failed windows attempts correct password

    In news:8DE4F491-C382-44CA-B252-2D5BE843EE17@microsoft.com,
    Kbrill <Kbrill@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I am using Windows 2000 and everything was fine. Then I got a message
    > about virtual memory was low, so I did a reboot. Now, I cannot log in
    > with the passwords that I know are correct. I have tried the admin
    > password, and my username passwords and neither will work. Also, as
    > soon as I do a ctrl alt del I get a message telling me the password
    > is incorrect before I even hit enter. This PC is a member of a domain
    > but mainly has been retired and used for home use, when I brought it
    > back to work the network admin password will not allow access and the
    > option to log into the domain or the PC is no longer there......any
    > suggestions?

    Try killing the password that's in place then logging in as admin and
    resetting the passwords or setting it so that you're not logging into a
    domain if that's what you're trying to not do:

    Yes, it says it's for NT, it will work with 2k, XP, or 2k3 as well.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

Windows 2000 Windows