Is Veritas "Backup Exec" still the Enterprise backup softw..

Hi All,
We've been running Veritas (now Symantec) Backup Exec v8.60 for the past few
years. It didn't give us too many problems and does the daily job. Now we
need to find out a backup solution for our new Win2k3 servers with Exch2k3
and SQL 2000, and consider if upgrading Veritas to lastest version or buying
a new one.

One vendor we're working with proposed CA's ARCserver, but I've heard some
negatives about their supports. Any fans of ARCserver or Veritas out there?
Your advice is appreciated

Cal

From: "PinkCrib" <webmaster@pinkcrib.com>

| Hi All,
| We've been running Veritas (now Symantec) Backup Exec v8.60 for the past few
| years. It didn't give us too many problems and does the daily job. Now we
| need to find out a backup solution for our new Win2k3 servers with Exch2k3
| and SQL 2000, and consider if upgrading Veritas to lastest version or buying
| a new one.
|
| One vendor we're working with proposed CA's ARCserver, but I've heard some
| negatives about their supports. Any fans of ARCserver or Veritas out there?
| Your advice is appreciated
|
| Cal

I have use ArcServe { not ArcServer ;-) } for Netware and Windows for a number of years it
is very good. I haver used it with a variety of DAT, DLT and AIT tape drives. We used a
ADIC 2 DLT drive, 16 bay, robotic system.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

gc

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

We use ArcServe at the current site I am contracting to.
It is a large site comprising of 450 servers accross australia (Windows NT4,
2000, 2003)
Many DMZ / Remote servers use arcserve to backup. The majority use Tivoli TSM.

If we could possibly convince the client, we would ditch arcserve and go to
Veritas Backup Exec....

Hope this clearly puts my point of view across....