NTBACKUP

Is there any way, within NTBACKUP to create or edit the media set - we have
two media sets listed as targets for backp / restore but no matter which one
we select the backup never runs at the scheduled time, reports no media
available. THis was configured by a previous user and I'm not too sure about
configuring NTBackup

If we select New Media as the taget for the backup it reports the same
error, I need to either remove the media sets completely or create a new one
with a more descriptive name

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:29:06 -0700, Jeff Richardson <JeffRichardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there any way, within NTBACKUP to create or edit the media set - we have
>two media sets listed as targets for backp / restore but no matter which one
>we select the backup never runs at the scheduled time, reports no media
>available. THis was configured by a previous user and I'm not too sure about
>configuring NTBackup
>
>If we select New Media as the taget for the backup it reports the same
>error, I need to either remove the media sets completely or create a new one
>with a more descriptive name

See tip 2265 » How do I perform an NTBackup in Windows 2000, without having to manually manage the media?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Excellent, thanks very much for the informative and prompt reply, that should
do the trick

Regards
Jeff Richardson