Removing servers from the network

I have 2 clustered servers and a domain controller (Windows 2000) which need
to be disconnected from the network for 3 months. Do I need to do anything to
prepare them before pulling the connection ?? Will they rejoin the network
successfully when eventually reconnected ?? Any advice would be gratefully
received. Thanks.

if you have some others domain controllers in your network that are
replicating with that DC ... it's better to demote that DC before you remove
it. The other computers most probably will need to be rejoined to the domain
after 3 months.

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"Gabble Ratchet" <Gabble Ratchet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 clustered servers and a domain controller (Windows 2000) which
>need
> to be disconnected from the network for 3 months. Do I need to do anything
> prepare them before pulling the connection ?? Will they rejoin the network
> successfully when eventually reconnected ?? Any advice would be gratefully
> received. Thanks.

Andrei, thanks for the reply. After demoting the DC should I remove all 3
servers (including the 2 clustered servers) from the domain before
disconnecting them from the network ?? Many thanks.

Gabble

"Andrei Ungureanu" wrote:

> if you have some others domain controllers in your network that are
> replicating with that DC ... it's better to demote that DC before you remove
> it. The other computers most probably will need to be rejoined to the domain
> after 3 months.
>

> --
> Andrei Ungureanu
> www.eventid.net
> Free Windows event logs reports
> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>
> "Gabble Ratchet" <Gabble Ratchet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 2 clustered servers and a domain controller (Windows 2000) which
> >need
> > to be disconnected from the network for 3 months. Do I need to do anything
> > prepare them before pulling the connection ?? Will they rejoin the network
> > successfully when eventually reconnected ?? Any advice would be gratefully
> > received. Thanks.

not necessary. you can rejoin them to the domain even if you don't do this
step now.