Changing default Windows 2000 printer form

Evan

Folks,

We've tried to upgrade the company to Windows 2000 from 98. A custom
print form I set up for tractor-fed carbon forms works marvellously in
most programs. But our bespoke company software is ancient and switches
the paper size back to LETTER no matter what I do.

Several extra mouse clicks are required to change the paper size and
layout EVERY time we print now. It's time consuming and confusing for
our less savvy computer users.

Is there a way to delete all the default forms leaving only my custom
one (forcing the printer to use the form I want). Or, is there a
registry hack to change the size of the built-in LETTER form?

Thanks in advance.

Edit it in Print Server, Properties, Forms. (See Help, Print Server)

Evan wrote:

> No takers eh?

I had a similar problem. I set up a form that seems to be ignored by
some of our older software.

Bob's solution is impossible as there doen't appear to be a way to
change dimensions of default forms. The boxes are greyed out.

Plastic Man

TRENDING THREADS