Event ID: 5719
Date: 13/07/2005
Time: 11:14:38
User: N/A
Computer: OWA
No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for
domain. The following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.
Data:
0000: 17 00 02 c0 ...À

I believe that this is caused because the netlogon service is starting
before the DNS client service starts therefore the server doesn’t
know where the DC is. I even tried creating an LMHost file, but that
didnt work either.

Can anyone suggest how i can change the order of the services so that
the DNS starts before the netlogon. or suggest a different resolution.

Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Event-ID-5719-Netlogon-ftopict395269.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1302262
1 answer Last reply
More about event 5719 netlogon

    On 13 Jul 2005 14:35:35 -0400, Bunji <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

    >I have a server in a different routed network to the domain
    >controller. However you can ping the DC’s IP Address and name.
    >
    >I have the correct TCP/IP settings for DNS And WINS entries. However
    >the DNS server is the DC. The server gets the following error message:
    >
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: NETLOGON
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 5719
    >Date: 13/07/2005
    >Time: 11:14:38
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: OWA
    >No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for
    >domain. The following error occurred:
    >The RPC server is unavailable.
    >Data:
    >0000: 17 00 02 c0 ...À
    >
    >I believe that this is caused because the netlogon service is starting
    >before the DNS client service starts therefore the server doesn’t
    >know where the DC is. I even tried creating an LMHost file, but that
    >didnt work either.
    >
    >Can anyone suggest how i can change the order of the services so that
    >the DNS starts before the netlogon. or suggest a different resolution.
    >
    >Thanks

    Add DNSCache to the DependOnService Value Name of the NetLogon service.
    See tip 0069 » Configuring Service start up order in WinNT.
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Servers Event Id Windows