Event ID: 5719
Date: 13/07/2005
Time: 11:14:38
User: N/A
Computer: OWA
No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for
domain. The following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.
Data:
0000: 17 00 02 c0 ...À

I believe that this is caused because the netlogon service is starting
before the DNS client service starts therefore the server doesn’t
know where the DC is. I even tried creating an LMHost file, but that
didnt work either.

Can anyone suggest how i can change the order of the services so that
the DNS starts before the netlogon. or suggest a different resolution.

Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Event-ID-5719-Netlogon-ftopict395269.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1302262

On 13 Jul 2005 14:35:35 -0400, Bunji <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>I have a server in a different routed network to the domain
>controller. However you can ping the DC’s IP Address and name.
>
>I have the correct TCP/IP settings for DNS And WINS entries. However
>the DNS server is the DC. The server gets the following error message:
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: NETLOGON
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 5719
>Date: 13/07/2005
>Time: 11:14:38
>User: N/A
>Computer: OWA
>No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for
>domain. The following error occurred:
>The RPC server is unavailable.
>Data:
>0000: 17 00 02 c0 ...À
>
>I believe that this is caused because the netlogon service is starting
>before the DNS client service starts therefore the server doesn’t
>know where the DC is. I even tried creating an LMHost file, but that
>didnt work either.
>
>Can anyone suggest how i can change the order of the services so that
>the DNS starts before the netlogon. or suggest a different resolution.
>
>Thanks

Add DNSCache to the DependOnService Value Name of the NetLogon service.
See tip 0069 » Configuring Service start up order in WinNT.
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com