Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1302326

From: "nnmmss" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com>

| how can i check that which ports are port and ready in my windows
| 2000? is there any command
|
| --
| Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
| Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
| Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-opened-port-ftopict395282.html
| Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1302326

TCPVIEW
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

NETSTAT.EXE can do it bit it shows a static snapshot and TCPVIEW is a GUI and is dynamic.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

On 13 Jul 2005 14:35:38 -0400, nnmmss
<UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>how can i check that which ports are port and ready in my windows
>2000? is there any command

Open the CMD window and type netstat -an

Open ports are distinguished by a "listening" report, but you have
to be careful of this because you can have a listening port that
isn't actually open. It's best to do this immediately after booting up
and going on line so as to avoid the "time wait" reports that occur
after using internet apps. This article by Marchand should help
you with interpreting netstat :

http://www.hsc.fr./ressources/breves/min_srv_res_win.en.html

Art

http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg