From Asus Website:

P5PE-VM specifications summary

CPU
LGA775 socket for Intel® Pentium® D/ Pentium® 4/
Celeron processor
Supports Intel® Dual-Core 65nm Intel® processors
Supports Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Supports Intel® Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)

Memory
1066/800/533 MHz
Dual-channel memory architecture
2 x 184-pin DIMM sockets support up to 2GB of
unbufferred non-ECC 400/333/266 MHz DDR DIMMs

Linkage: http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5PE-VM/e2609_p5pe-vm.pdf (Page 10)

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Yes, This System will Work.
You have RAM that Will be Be slightly Crippled, because of Non-DualChannel RAM, and they are Slower rated Speeds than your Motherboard can support.

And Your New Processor Which is In fact Not a Pentium 4 (Single Core only)<
It's a Pentium D (Manufactured Dual-core)

Even for a Pentium you should not Disrespect a Dual Core by calling it a Pentium 4(IMO)

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
You have RAM that Will be Be slightly Crippled, because of Non-DualChannel RAM, and they are Slower rated Speeds than your Motherboard can support.

Even for a Pentium you should not Disrespect a Dual Core by calling it a Pentium 4(IMO)

Northwoods rocked the block in their day.

johnhatz4

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
Northwoods rocked the block in their day.[/quote]

You mean that i wont see any performance improve from my Northwood 2.66Ghz? Another solution is to choose INTEL PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT 531 - 3.00GHZ LGA775 - 800 - BOX.

So which is better?
INTEL PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT 531 - 3.00GHZ LGA775 - 800 - BOX
or
INTEL PENTIUM D 820 2.8 GHZ - LGA775 - 800 FSB - BOX

(My friend has computer store) 8)
so i can choose

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Northwoods rocked the block in their day.

You mean that i wont see any performance improve from my Northwood 2.66Ghz? Another solution is to choose INTEL PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT 531 - 3.00GHZ LGA775 - 800 - BOX.

So which is better?
INTEL PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT 531 - 3.00GHZ LGA775 - 800 - BOX
or
INTEL PENTIUM D 820 2.8 GHZ - LGA775 - 800 FSB - BOX

(My friend has computer store) 8)
so i can choose

OH GOD! Please Never EVER! EVER! EVER! Choose a "Prescott" Please Choose the Pentium D 820, If you even Consider Choosing that Pentium 4 I will personally, come from Toronto and Beat you with a Styrofoam Brick.

OMG, That is The "WORST" Processor in Intel History.

Sorry For sounding Extreme right now , but if some of the Forum Gurus See this they'll Probably have a Similar reaction if you even Think aout going for the Pentium "Prescott". (Prescott Killed the Pentium)

this can be seen as one of the most significant, certainly most public, engineering shortfalls in Intel’s history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4#Prescott

johnhatz4

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007

If i buy another one stick of 1GB Ram at 333Mhz (same brand) is to possible to work in dual channel with the other one? Or Dual channel requires DIMMS at 400Mhz at least?

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006

If i buy another one stick of 1GB Ram at 333Mhz (same brand) is to possible to work in dual channel with the other one? Or Dual channel requires DIMMS at 400Mhz at least?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=669369&CatId=0

Seen by that link, Speed is not a factor but Dual-Channel Sticks are only there to provide extra bandwidth and stability while on Dual-channel mode
Single-Channel rated DDR in Dual-channel would work and even lower speeds would work, but only you'd be lacking some of the performance and bandwidth efficiency and "snap" in RAM usage events that you would get with Dual-Channel rated DDR 400 rather than Non- Dual Channel DDR333 On a Dual-Channel DDR400 Board.