Restore of Windows 2000 AS fails.

Hi all,

One of the hard disks failed in our 3 disk RAID on a HP LC3 server. After
replacing the failed unit the RAID failed to rebuild and instead crashed the
system. I had to fall back on to backups. We do a full backup of the server
once a week (data is generally static), together with system state.

I installed a minimum config of Windows 2000 adv. server and started the
restore process. I restored the data + system state. No errors. Rebooted and
saw initial splash screen and then stops and goes no further. Can not get to
login prompt.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about restore windows 2000 fails

    I have managed to get the server booted by using the SETUP CD-ROM for
    Windows 2000. But the IIS doesn't show a list of my websites. Does anyone
    know how to fix this?

    "Paul" <ancientsiam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > One of the hard disks failed in our 3 disk RAID on a HP LC3 server. After
    > replacing the failed unit the RAID failed to rebuild and instead crashed
    the
    > system. I had to fall back on to backups. We do a full backup of the
    server
    > once a week (data is generally static), together with system state.
    >
    > I installed a minimum config of Windows 2000 adv. server and started the
    > restore process. I restored the data + system state. No errors. Rebooted
    and
    > saw initial splash screen and then stops and goes no further. Can not get
    > login prompt.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,

NAS / RAID Windows 2000 Windows