download/installation/windows installer

I downloaded an antivirus upgrade file and during the installation process I
cancelled it. Every time I start my computer Windows Installer attempts to
install the file. I can't find the file anywhere on my pc but think Windows
Installer must have it somewhere in memory.
The error message from Window Installer : The features you are trying to use
is on a network resource that is unavailable.
click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing
the installation package.
The only way I can stop Windows Installer from trying to install the file
is to use task manager.
1 answer Last reply
More about download installation windows installer

    How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175&Product=winxp

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
    Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

    [Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "William" wrote:

    | I downloaded an antivirus upgrade file and during the installation process I
    | cancelled it. Every time I start my computer Windows Installer attempts to
    | install the file. I can't find the file anywhere on my pc but think Windows
    | Installer must have it somewhere in memory.
    | The error message from Window Installer : The features you are trying to use
    | is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    | click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing
    | the installation package.
    | The only way I can stop Windows Installer from trying to install the file
    | is to use task manager.

Download Installer Windows Installer Windows XP