download/installation/windows installer

william

I downloaded an antivirus upgrade file and during the installation process I
cancelled it. Every time I start my computer Windows Installer attempts to
install the file. I can't find the file anywhere on my pc but think Windows
Installer must have it somewhere in memory.
The error message from Window Installer : The features you are trying to use
is on a network resource that is unavailable.
click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing
the installation package.
The only way I can stop Windows Installer from trying to install the file
is to use task manager.

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175&Product=winxp

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"William" wrote:

| I downloaded an antivirus upgrade file and during the installation process I
| cancelled it. Every time I start my computer Windows Installer attempts to
| install the file. I can't find the file anywhere on my pc but think Windows
| Installer must have it somewhere in memory.
| The error message from Window Installer : The features you are trying to use
| is on a network resource that is unavailable.
| click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing
| the installation package.
| The only way I can stop Windows Installer from trying to install the file
| is to use task manager.

TRENDING THREADS