Moi

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Hi,

Can you PLEASE help, when I insert a CD, say MS OFFICE, the MS OFFICE folder
opens instead of the autorun file running ready for installation. Why is
this and what can I do to
alter this situation?

Thanks

ps. this happens with all applications (self install) CD's

Autoplay Repair Wizard
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Moi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you PLEASE help, when I insert a CD, say MS OFFICE, the MS OFFICE folder
> opens instead of the autorun file running ready for installation. Why is
> this and what can I do to
> alter this situation?
>
> Thanks
>
> ps. this happens with all applications (self install) CD's
> When you are installing a new program it is a good idea to create a new restore point first.

Jim

"Moi" <tnorris@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can you PLEASE help, when I insert a CD, say MS OFFICE, the MS OFFICE
folder
> opens instead of the autorun file running ready for installation. Why is
> this and what can I do to
> alter this situation?
>
> Thanks
>
> ps. this happens with all applications (self install) CD's
Perhaps you have turned off autorun... Autorun is a device property that can
be enabled or disabled.
Jim