CD 'Autoplay' opens CD folder - does not start autorun.inf..

Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Office
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 26, 2005 7:03:24 PM

Hi,

Can you PLEASE help, when I insert a CD, say MS OFFICE, the MS OFFICE folder
opens instead of the autorun file running ready for installation. Why is
this and what can I do to
alter this situation?

Thanks

ps. this happens with all applications (self install) CD's

More about : autoplay opens folder start autorun inf

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:03:25 PM

Autoplay Repair Wizard

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Moi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you PLEASE help, when I insert a CD, say MS OFFICE, the MS OFFICE folder
> opens instead of the autorun file running ready for installation. Why is
> this and what can I do to
> alter this situation?
>
> Thanks
>
> ps. this happens with all applications (self install) CD's
> When you are installing a new program it is a good idea to create a new restore point first.

January 26, 2005 8:58:10 PM

"Moi" <tnorris@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can you PLEASE help, when I insert a CD, say MS OFFICE, the MS OFFICE
folder
> opens instead of the autorun file running ready for installation. Why is
> this and what can I do to
> alter this situation?
>
> Thanks
>
> ps. this happens with all applications (self install) CD's
Perhaps you have turned off autorun... Autorun is a device property that can
be enabled or disabled.
Jim
!