Lose internet connection when starting up

When ever I reboot, or turn back on my computer my internet connection is
lost, and have to use ipconfig to renew it. The cable modem is working fine
and the line in is good. Is there a wrong setting somewere?
2 answers Last reply
More about lose internet connection starting

    If you haven't removed spyware, download, install, update and scan with
    Ad-aware SE Personal from: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    "Mordechai_flip" <Mordechaiflip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When ever I reboot, or turn back on my computer my internet connection is
    > lost, and have to use ipconfig to renew it. The cable modem is working
    > fine
    > and the line in is good. Is there a wrong setting somewere?

    Okay, I had a similar problem, the event viewer stated that I'd lost, or had
    to renew my DHPC, blah, blah blah. However, I had Zone Alarm, still do, but
    for some reason I reinstalled it, and after that I never lost my connection
    again. The thing is, I had reinstalled it several time, each time for a
    different reason. The last time, I think that I must have set a preference
    at one point with ZA that had something to do with my connection, and even
    after removing it, something must have kept the setting, thus, preventing a
    constant connection to IE.

    "Mordechai_flip" <Mordechaiflip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When ever I reboot, or turn back on my computer my internet connection is
    > lost, and have to use ipconfig to renew it. The cable modem is working
    fine
    > and the line in is good. Is there a wrong setting somewere?

Microsoft Internet Connection Windows XP