Simple question - I hope

I have just installed my 4th Windows 2003 Server.

I joined the domain and am able log in using domain\username, but the logon
dialog does not allow me to toggle between the "this computer" and the
domain. It just shows the "this computer name" and is "greyed out"

I have never seen this before - any idea why ?

"Jim Matthews" <jmweb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have just installed my 4th Windows 2003 Server.
>
> I joined the domain and am able log in using domain\username, but the
logon
> dialog does not allow me to toggle between the "this computer" and the
> domain. It just shows the "this computer name" and is "greyed out"
>
> I have never seen this before - any idea why ?

Perhaps because you are running a DC?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:08:56 -0500, "Jim Matthews" <jmweb@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have just installed my 4th Windows 2003 Server.
>
>I joined the domain and am able log in using domain\username, but the logon
>dialog does not allow me to toggle between the "this computer" and the
>domain. It just shows the "this computer name" and is "greyed out"
>
>I have never seen this before - any idea why ?

If you use Domain\Username, or Username@Domain, the domain drop down box is
"greyed out", but it works as if you selected the domain.

See the follwoing tips in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

8750 » How can I prevent a Windows XP user from toggling the Domain box during log on?
3031 » How do I prevent a Windows NT 4.0 users from toggling the Domain box during log on?

TRENDING THREADS