Win2K IE6 in kiosk mode

I'm setting up a few PCs to be public ecommerce kiosks.

I've created a kiosk.bat file in startup ...
iexplore.exe -k www.mysite.com

but the OS won't accept the command. I've also edited the IE shortcut
properties but can't save it. Is this the right way to do this or can
someone give me a link or registry key to safely launch this?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about win2k kiosk mode

    How to Use Kiosk Mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154780

    watsamatta u wrote:
    > I'm setting up a few PCs to be public ecommerce kiosks.
    >
    > I've created a kiosk.bat file in startup ...
    > iexplore.exe -k www.mysite.com
    >
    > but the OS won't accept the command. I've also edited the IE shortcut
    > properties but can't save it. Is this the right way to do this or can
    > someone give me a link or registry key to safely launch this?
    >
    > Thanks

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:20:03 -0700, watsamatta u
    <watsamattau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I'm setting up a few PCs to be public ecommerce kiosks.
    >
    >I've created a kiosk.bat file in startup ...
    >iexplore.exe -k www.mysite.com

    Place the batch in your Internet Explorer folder and add
    http:// so you have:

    iexplore -k http://www.mysite.com

    >but the OS won't accept the command. I've also edited the IE shortcut
    >properties but can't save it. Is this the right way to do this or can
    >someone give me a link or registry key to safely launch this?

    Similar to above. The target should look like:

    "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -k
    http://www.mysite.com

    without the obvious line wrap.

    Art

    http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg