apprecaited. Thanks.

From: "gs300boi" <gs300boi@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I am trying to find a list of windows variables so that I can use that to
| script something to get information out of windows. I'm trying to pull info
| from terminal services to see who is connecting and where from. So far I've
| only found a few. They are: %client name% , %username%, it would be really
| nice to have a list of these variables so I can see if I can pull the fully
| qualified or IP address instead of client name. Any help would be
| apprecaited. Thanks.

If you are talking about Environmental variables, type SET in a Command Prompt to diisplay
the list.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

dodo

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

> From: "gs300boi" <gs300boi@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
>| I am trying to find a list of windows variables so that I can use
>| that to script something to get information out of windows. I'm
>| trying to pull info from terminal services to see who is connecting
>| and where from. So far I've only found a few. They are: %client
>| name% , %username%, it would be really nice to have a list of these
>| variables so I can see if I can pull the fully qualified or IP
>| address instead of client name. Any help would be apprecaited.
>| Thanks.
>|

> If you are talking about Environmental variables, type SET in a
> Command Prompt to diisplay the list.

That will only display the variables in use.

From: "Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl>

| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
|
>> From: "gs300boi" <gs300boi@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>
>|> I am trying to find a list of windows variables so that I can use
>|> that to script something to get information out of windows. I'm
>|> trying to pull info from terminal services to see who is connecting
>|> and where from. So far I've only found a few. They are: %client
>|> name% , %username%, it would be really nice to have a list of these
>|> variables so I can see if I can pull the fully qualified or IP
>|> address instead of client name. Any help would be apprecaited.
>|> Thanks.
>|>
>> If you are talking about Environmental variables, type SET in a
>> Command Prompt to diisplay the list.
>>
| That will only display the variables in use.

If they aren't listed, they are NOT standard or part of the OS but part of an application.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:21:46 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in microsoft.public.win2000.general:

>From: "Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl>
>
>| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
>|
>>> From: "gs300boi" <gs300boi@discussions.microsoft.com>

>>> If you are talking about Environmental variables, type SET in a
>>> Command Prompt to diisplay the list.
>>>
>| That will only display the variables in use.
>
>If they aren't listed, they are NOT standard or part of the OS but part of an application.

So what are %cd%, %time%, %date%, %cmdcmdline%, %cmdextversion%,
%random% ? They don't show with SET but can be used. (I suppose you
could argue they are indeed part of an application, CMD.EXE in this
case.)

See:
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Windows2000serv/support/FAQW2KCP.mspx>
and many others.

From: "Michael Bednarek" <ROT13-zo@zorqanerx.pbz>

| So what are %cd%, %time%, %date%, %cmdcmdline%, %cmdextversion%,
| %random% ? They don't show with SET but can be used. (I suppose you
| could argue they are indeed part of an application, CMD.EXE in this
| case.)
|
| See:
| <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Windows2000serv/support/FAQW2KCP.mspx>
| and many others.
|
| --
| Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

Interesting...

I have *never* seen some of them and they are common to both command interpreters;
COMMAND.COM and CMD.EXE

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:36:04 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in microsoft.public.win2000.general:

>From: "Michael Bednarek" <ROT13-zo@zorqanerx.pbz>
>|
>| So what are %cd%, %time%, %date%, %cmdcmdline%, %cmdextversion%,
>| %random% ? They don't show with SET but can be used. (I suppose you
>| could argue they are indeed part of an application, CMD.EXE in this
>| case.)
>|
>| See:
>| <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Windows2000serv/support/FAQW2KCP.mspx>
>| and many others.
>
>Interesting...
>
>I have *never* seen some of them and they are common to both command interpreters;
>COMMAND.COM and CMD.EXE

But wait, there's more: the current directory for each drive letter (d:)
is stored in the hidden environment variables %=d:%

From: "Michael Bednarek" <ROT13:abfcnz-zo@gtz.pbz.nh>

| But wait, there's more: the current directory for each drive letter (d:)
| is stored in the hidden environment variables %=d:%
|
| --
| Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

Now I uderstand fully what you are talking about and why you are seeking documentation of
these "special" environmental variables.

I too would be *very* interested in viewing a detailed listing/documentation of them.