Closed

System Cannot Log You on Because Domain Is Not Available

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 16, 2005 8:12:17 PM

Hello

Please help - I'm desparate now after working on this all day.

I have read just about every page on the Internet that contains these words
and seen many many pages referring to this problem.

I have followed all of the "solutions" defined in this document:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q244671

Can anyone define the file sizes and dates for the rsaenh.dll referred to
in the above document? Where should I get these replacment files from? I
have tried using a number of versions of rsaenh.dll but still no luck.

I have repeated implementation of each of those solutions over and over to
no effect.
Nothing has worked and I still cannot get into my system.

When the system boots, it takes ages to get to the logon screen and then it
gives the message
"The system cannot log you on now because the domain BEAST is not
available."

BEAST is the name of my computer.
I am not on a network with a domain.

Please any help appreciated because I do not want to rebuild this computer.

Thanks in advamce.

Andrew Stuart
astuart@mira.net

More about : system log domain

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 2:47:11 PM

Well for the benefit of others to come with the same problem, I "solved" it
myself, although it's more a "fix" than a "solution".

I built a parallel installation of windows 2000 on the same machine/same
hard disk as the broken installation.

I then used the REPLACE command with th /U switch to replace all DLL's in
the old winnt\system32 directory with the DLL's from the new winnt\system32
directory.

Voila - system working again. So clearly there ws a dodgy DLL somewhere but
I have no idea which one - I did check to make sure it wasn't the DLL
referred to in Microsoft's problem solution instructions - it was not.

So thanks to Windows for burning an entire day of my life. I'm just glad I
managed to find a way to fix it becasue it took me two years to biuld up the
configuration of that machine.

Andrew

"andrew stuart" <astuart@mira.net> wrote in message
news:o I9XbxciFHA.3568@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello
>
> Please help - I'm desparate now after working on this all day.
>
> I have read just about every page on the Internet that contains these
words
> and seen many many pages referring to this problem.
>
> I have followed all of the "solutions" defined in this document:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q244671
>
> Can anyone define the file sizes and dates for the rsaenh.dll referred to
> in the above document? Where should I get these replacment files from? I
> have tried using a number of versions of rsaenh.dll but still no luck.
>
> I have repeated implementation of each of those solutions over and over to
> no effect.
> Nothing has worked and I still cannot get into my system.
>
> When the system boots, it takes ages to get to the logon screen and then
it
> gives the message
> "The system cannot log you on now because the domain BEAST is not
> available."
>
> BEAST is the name of my computer.
> I am not on a network with a domain.
>
> Please any help appreciated because I do not want to rebuild this
computer.

> Thanks in advamce.
>
> Andrew Stuart
> astuart@mira.net

Anonymous
February 11, 2010 11:03:48 PM

Andrew,

I just wanted to thank you for posting this solution. After trawling the Net for hours and contemplating throwing my machine out of the window this worked for me! :)

James

787545,2,238510 said:

Well for the benefit of others to come with the same problem, I "solved" it
myself, although it's more a "fix" than a "solution".

I built a parallel installation of windows 2000 on the same machine/same
hard disk as the broken installation.

I then used the REPLACE command with th /U switch to replace all DLL's in
the old winnt\system32 directory with the DLL's from the new winnt\system32
directory.

Voila - system working again. So clearly there ws a dodgy DLL somewhere but
I have no idea which one - I did check to make sure it wasn't the DLL
referred to in Microsoft's problem solution instructions - it was not.

So thanks to Windows for burning an entire day of my life. I'm just glad I
managed to find a way to fix it becasue it took me two years to biuld up the
configuration of that machine.

Andrew

Related resources
February 12, 2010 12:19:51 AM