How do I force a client to log on to a particular domain c..

I have approx 60 sites set up with 60 domain controllers for some-reason the
clients in those sites are site logging onto the central DC rather than the
one inside their own SubNet.

Is their a way to force a client to log on to a DC within their site only?
3 answers Last reply
More about force client domain

    Have you defined the site to subnet mappings in Active Directory Sites and
    Services?

    Oli

    "SkiOne" <SkiOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have approx 60 sites set up with 60 domain controllers for some-reason
    >the
    > clients in those sites are site logging onto the central DC rather than
    > the
    > one inside their own SubNet.
    >
    > Is their a way to force a client to log on to a DC within their site only?

    I have, it actually looks like it is working now. Right after I promoted the
    server to a DC though the workstations for a short time were still going
    back to the "primary" (original) DC.

    Still, is there a way to force this?

    "Oli Restorick [MVP]" wrote:

    > Have you defined the site to subnet mappings in Active Directory Sites and
    > Services?
    >
    > Oli
    >

    > "SkiOne" <SkiOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have approx 60 sites set up with 60 domain controllers for some-reason
    > >the
    > > clients in those sites are site logging onto the central DC rather than
    > > the
    > > one inside their own SubNet.
    > >
    > > Is their a way to force a client to log on to a DC within their site only?

    Not as far as I know.

    >I have, it actually looks like it is working now. Right after I promoted
    >the
    > server to a DC though the workstations for a short time were still going
    > back to the "primary" (original) DC.
    >
    > Still, is there a way to force this?
    >
    > "Oli Restorick [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you defined the site to subnet mappings in Active Directory Sites
    >> and
    >> Services?
    >>
    >> Oli
    >>

    >> "SkiOne" <SkiOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have approx 60 sites set up with 60 domain controllers for some-reason
    >> >the
    >> > clients in those sites are site logging onto the central DC rather than
    >> > the
    >> > one inside their own SubNet.
    >> >
    >> > Is their a way to force a client to log on to a DC within their site
    >> > only?

Domain Microsoft Windows