file name change

Greetings!

Whenever I download a file (Save as) to a folder if the cursor happens to
move across (hover, no click) an existing file with the same extension, the
new file name will immediately change to the existing file name. I have to
carefully maneuver around those files to avoid the problem of overwriting an
exiting file.

Is there a setting or an obvious way to prevent this?

Thanks!
Sans P.3

Sans Pam III wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Whenever I download a file (Save as) to a folder if the cursor happens to
> move across (hover, no click) an existing file with the same extension, the
> new file name will immediately change to the existing file name. I have to
> carefully maneuver around those files to avoid the problem of overwriting an
> exiting file.
>
> Is there a setting or an obvious way to prevent this?

What is the application you are saving downloading with ?

Control Panel|Mouse and check your settings.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Sans Pam III" wrote:
| Greetings!
|
| Whenever I download a file (Save as) to a folder if the cursor happens to
| move across (hover, no click) an existing file with the same extension,
the
| new file name will immediately change to the existing file name. I have to
| carefully maneuver around those files to avoid the problem of overwriting
an
| exiting file.
|
| Is there a setting or an obvious way to prevent this?
|
| Thanks!
| Sans P.3

SOLVED!

I'm using Logitech Marble Mouse USB. I'm also using CursorXP, Mivie Theme.
I found a setting for the theme configuration. I simply changed the 'hot
spot' to x=0 and y=0 (was x=7, y=2). Tada!!

Thanks, Dave. You put me on the right path!
SP3

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

--

News==----