file name change

Greetings!

Whenever I download a file (Save as) to a folder if the cursor happens to
move across (hover, no click) an existing file with the same extension, the
new file name will immediately change to the existing file name. I have to
carefully maneuver around those files to avoid the problem of overwriting an
exiting file.

Is there a setting or an obvious way to prevent this?

Thanks!
Sans P.3
4 answers Last reply
More about file change

    Sans Pam III wrote:
    > Greetings!
    >
    > Whenever I download a file (Save as) to a folder if the cursor happens to
    > move across (hover, no click) an existing file with the same extension, the
    > new file name will immediately change to the existing file name. I have to
    > carefully maneuver around those files to avoid the problem of overwriting an
    > exiting file.
    >
    > Is there a setting or an obvious way to prevent this?

    What is the application you are saving downloading with ?

    Control Panel|Mouse and check your settings.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Sans Pam III" wrote:
    | Greetings!
    |
    | Whenever I download a file (Save as) to a folder if the cursor happens to
    | move across (hover, no click) an existing file with the same extension,
    the
    | new file name will immediately change to the existing file name. I have to
    | carefully maneuver around those files to avoid the problem of overwriting
    an
    | exiting file.
    |
    | Is there a setting or an obvious way to prevent this?
    |
    | Thanks!
    | Sans P.3

    SOLVED!

    I'm using Logitech Marble Mouse USB. I'm also using CursorXP, Mivie Theme.
    I found a setting for the theme configuration. I simply changed the 'hot
    spot' to x=0 and y=0 (was x=7, y=2). Tada!!

    Thanks, Dave. You put me on the right path!
    SP3

    Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

    --

    News==----